SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    NEW EVERYDAY CCW BELT
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW EVERYDAY CCW BELT Login/Join 
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted
Need a new everday CCW belt.. have used leather but after some use the buckle holes begin to stretch and belt is hard to get a good fit due to hole spacing and leather becoming soft and limber... looking at the Kores essential design in webbing or leather.. also the ARES AGEIS.. any comments welcomed..........drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
I use a Wilderness belt with stiffener for off duty use and I usually carry a Glock 45 or Sig p229. Should the Velcro on the Wilderness belt get worn, you could send it in for a refurbish, which I have done.For on duty use, I now use a horsehide belt from A Better Belt USA. They will space the holes 3/4 inch apart and will add as many holes as you want. This is my first horsehide belt and am pretty sure it will not be my last. A Better Belt USA is run by a husband and wife team and they have fantastic customer service.
Not sure what kind of belt you were using, but a quality belt makes a world of difference.
Good luck.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Luckily we live in a time when there are many excellent choices.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NexBelt. Love mine. I may get a Kore Essentials as it is a bit more dressy.
My leather belts are from Hank's.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I just ordered one from https://armourbelts.com/ and anxious to receive it. Mike's reputation here convinced me. 25 years of wearing the same ol' limp GALCO belt is long enough.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been wearing both a Beltman, Armour and Wilderness. The NexBelt was not something I was aware of and looks like what I need. Ordered one.

Posts: 710 | Registered: November 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought an Ares Gear Aegis Enhanced about 5 years ago and won't switch to anything else. They are extremely solid, like when you take your pants off and lay them on the bed they look like a windsock stiff. So I say they are the best but if you don't want a stiff belt the enhanced is not going to work for you.
Leather belts have holes that are either to tight or to lose, they strech and wear out, the Aegis belts have a lifetime warranty so I doubt many wear out and they do not have holes so it is always the correct tightness.

Word of advise though, learn how to use the buckle on it before wearing, believe me you do not want to be in a "I have to use the bathroom" situation and can't get the buckle undone. After you learn how they work, they are easy enough to use, again I will not buy anything else.

Posts: 15 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I have two BigFoot 18 oz steel-lined belts that served me very well until I lost a bunch of weight (~100 lbs). Point is the steel inner layer keeps the holes from stretching, and the belts are super stiff for carrying a holster and a couple mags. Now that I can’t wear those, I’ve been using 5.11 belts, which are pretty much the same thing as my Wilderness belts which I also can’t wear any longer. The Wilderness belts are excellent also.

I’ve been looking at the NexBelt, and since I plan on losing another 35 lbs, this might be a smart way to go until I stabilize my weight.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NautclRltr
posted Hide Post
I like Beltman's 1.25" wide horse-hide with stiffener. I threw away all other belts and the two I have are 12 years old. Maybe I'll get a black one soon. Don't mind the wait for delivery - it will do the job and spread the weight of a full sized carry.

“-a concealed handgun and an unconcealed fire extinguisher - they can make all the difference.”

Posts: 89 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
NexBelt. Love mine. I may get a Kore Essentials as it is a bit more dressy.
My leather belts are from Hank's.

I just got a Nexbelt EDC this week. Very stiff web belt with ratcheting buckle. Loving it so far.

A little pricy, $53 on Amazon but gets good reviews.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kore Essentials

I really, really like mine, I've got 3, Black, Brown and the tan web. Looking at picking up a black web one as well. Luckily (or not lol) they're local so I can just swing by their shop and pick them up.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10353 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just started wearing my Nexbelt and it seems pretty nice, but I think I will be ordering a Kore belt to wear in uniform. The whole ratcheting concept revolutionized belts for me.

Posts: 710 | Registered: November 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I've had a 5.1 and a Wilderness belt now for awhile. The Nexbelt is interesting. With both of my belts I have to thread them in backwards so my holster with fit on my right side. Do you have to do that with the Nexbelt?

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
OP, what did you get?
Inquiring minds want to know.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can set up the NexBelt to thread right. Just turn the buckle release to face down.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
UPDATE......FOR ALL OF THE INQUIRING MINDS.......tnx for all of the suggestions...1st tried a BASS PRO (local store 5 miles from my home) REDHEAD webb belt (DOUBLE THICKNESS) ..really liked it except on second day of wear had a bathroom emergency. buckle did not want to release IN time. NOW have a MOZETO TACTICAL 1 1/2INCH TACTICAL RIGGERS BELT with a COBRA STYLE BUCKLE where 1/2 of the buckle is smaller in width which allows belt to be threaded thru belt loops without removing the buckle.... buckle releases instantly.. and when re-connecting belt is automaticaly adjusted.... loose end has the velcro closure to keep end closed....glock g19 in a full size STEALTH OPERATOR IWB (polymer) right side 3:30 position... at this time I am very pleased with this belt...($ 17.99 from AMAZON prime)....... drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Never heard of either company. Glad to see you got a combo that works for you.

drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
REDHEAD..sort of the in-house brand for BASS PRO stores.... STEALTH OPERATOR HOLSTER..(www.Stealth Operator.com).. found at local ACADEMY SPORTS store 1 1/2 yrs ago ...found the belt "MOZETO" on the computer ....................drill sgt.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: drill sgt,

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
REDEAD..sort of the in-house brand for BASS PRO stores.... STEALTH OPERATOR HOLSTER..(www.Stealth Operator.com).. found at local ACADEMY SPORTS store 1 1/2 yrs ago ...found the belt "MOZETO" on the computer ....................drill sgt.

Drill Sgt: You're not on the drill grounds here. Please dispense with the YELLING. Thanks Wink

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
REDEAD..sort of the in-house brand for BASS PRO stores.... STEALTH OPERATOR HOLSTER..(www.Stealth Operator.com).. found at local ACADEMY SPORTS store 1 1/2 yrs ago ...found the belt "MOZETO" on the computer ....................drill sgt.

Drill Sgt: You're not on the drill grounds here. Please dispense with the YELLING. Thanks Wink

I know Keith I talk to him everyday on the ham radio. He doesn’t yell unless it’s because he can’t use the remote control from his wife

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post