SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    To all of our custom holster makers...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

To all of our custom holster makers... Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted
...hats off to you boys. I'll never complain about spending $120 again.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Outstanding video. Thanks and I too, will never complain again.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
Holy cow! I had no clue as to how much effort goes into a creating a holster. That was amazing to watch.

Posts: 327 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Wow. That was enlightening. Love the sped up sound of the hammer. Kind of like a mini-jackhammer. Smile

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was enjoyable to watch!

Posts: 283 | Registered: December 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Holster making is rough.

There is a guy at work who makes very good stuff.

He actually did it as a hobby while getting sober...

That said, there are some excellent makers here that do very, very good work.

I can speak personally to BRL's work, as he made my off duty holster and 8 years later, it is still my "go to" and still as fine as it was when it was delivered.

If you need one, look him up. Whenever I ahve the money to pay him what it is worth, I will order a few more.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Hell, it only took 25 minutes. I thought it was gonna be hard or something Wink

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
$120 for 25 minutes of work? That's over $240 per hour. Big Grin

I prefer Nightingale Leather myself, have a few of his IWB holsters.

With the amount of time and materials put in, I wonder how these guys make a decent living doing it for $120. Years ago I was hesitant on spending so much on a holster with there being the mass producers out there. But after taking the chance, I understood how the quality of these holsters is a huge step above the mass producers.

When you find the right belt/holster combo, you won't even notice you're wearing a gun.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thunder47
posted Hide Post
Sir, you have a very good skill set. I enjoyed watching this and will not complain about holster prices any more. Thanks for what you do.

Posts: 20 | Location: Dahlonega, GA | Registered: March 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
$120 for 25 minutes of work? That's over $240 per hour. Big Grin

I prefer Nightingale Leather myself, have a few of his IWB holsters.

With the amount of time and materials put in, I wonder how these guys make a decent living doing it for $120. Years ago I was hesitant on spending so much on a holster with there being the mass producers out there. But after taking the chance, I understood how the quality of these holsters is a huge step above the mass producers.

When you find the right belt/holster combo, you won't even notice you're wearing a gun.

The video was sped up quite a bit. I'm sure it was edited too.

Probably over 3 hours were spent making the holster.
Still a decent wage.

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Never knew there was that much involved.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SilentButDeadly
posted Hide Post
I couldn't stop watching. Thanks for sharing.

Rick

NRA Benefactor Life Member -- NRA Recruiter -- NRA Huntington Beach Members Council -- Owning a Sig means never having to say you are sorry.

Posts: 88 | Registered: March 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Wow, enlightening to say the least. You're right about that, you get what you pay for. And for that you get a lot.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've seen that one before he has several on youtube and they are all amazing. I recommend looking at the Sam Andrews holster making videos as well they are truly amazing they were made by Hank Strange.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
I really wish Roy Baker was still around.

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of johnnyringo8769
posted Hide Post
well impressive work...very well done....

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. Our Military
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

The Republic will cease to exist when the government takes away from those who are willing to work to give to those who are not.
Unknown....

"This is what the Lord says: 'Stand at the crossroads and look; Ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.' " (Jer. 6:16)

Posts: 106 | Location: Jamestown NY 14701 | Registered: December 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those Texans sure have fast hands.

Enjoyed the video.

A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master-and deserves one. Ronald Reagan, 1964, quoted from Alexander Hamilton

Posts: 1684 | Location: Southern Tennessee | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post