SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Any Changes TO Your EDC Due To Recent Riots and Threats?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Changes TO Your EDC Due To Recent Riots and Threats? Login/Join 
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted
Just seeing if anyone else has changed their EDC due to the riots and violence from commies, street thugs, and Antifa. Before, I usually carried either a G43x or compact revolver (Kimber 6s or J-Frame) and a knife (or two Wink ) depending on where I was going. With them going more and more into the suburbs and other non-inner city areas to cause trouble and commit crimes, I decided to up my EDC. Now, I am always carrying the Glock 19 with TLR8, at least one extra magazine in AWIB holster mag holder and a revolver in ankle holster with a couple speed strips in pocket. Sometimes,I switch out the revolver for a G26, but damn that G26 is heavy and bulky. Also have a knife or two on me (my Filipino Martial Arts system, IKALI the Art of The Blade recommends three blades on your person: one strong side, one weak side, and a neck knife.....still looking for a good neck knife).

Has anyone else upped their EDC carry?

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
This time last year my EDC would have been a p365.
However... my job has transitioned to full working from home ever since march.
Since then I've just been walking around the house open carrying a P320.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
In town, not really any change, primarily my P365.

Going into or through Portland, P365 and my Glock 45.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I may start. Thats how bad my take on current times is. Probably a G45 or some other smallish 9x19 or Beretta 85fs. Kydex iwb type holster. No appendix carry for me.

Posts: 3143 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
In the beginning of March of this year I switched my EDC from a Glock 19 to a Shadow Systems MR918. Its been my EDC since then. Carried with 1 spare mag.

My wife is still carrying the same Gen 3 Glock 26, also with one spare mag.

I did load up another spare mag for each of us, they are in our EDC bags.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1897 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Not much has changed. On work days, I carry my issued RMR G17 appendix.

On weekends, I either carry a G19 or M&P 3.6. I always have an on the body reload for whatever I carry, and lots of spares in the vehicle.

My work gun is comfortable to carry 12-14 hours at a time. Good holster makes all the difference.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gave it some serious thought about a month ago. My EDC at that time was my .45 P250 Compact and I mulled over switching to a .40 P250 Compact for its increased capacity. But I stuck with the .45 since I shoot it well and it is 100% reliable. The .45 Compact is 9+1 and is a very carry friendly package with more capacity than the 1911. 10 rounds in the gun and a reload on the belt should be sufficient.
If I go below the bridge I may opt for a higher capacity gun.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Same 1911 platform, 9mm in the summer and .45acp in the winter. But I started carrying extra magazines in the trunk with another box of 147gr.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I carry a 938 in the pocket, with a 229 in my shoulder bag with two reloads. The only thing that has changed is that when I go into a local major city, I now have an AR in the back seat of the truck with 90 rounds. (Provided, of course, that I am not leaving the vehicle unattended.)

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12766 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was carrying a 365 AIWB but I have recently gone back to a Glock 26 just because it fits my hand and shoots better for me. Have actually picked up a second 26 just because I found an agreeable deal.

Posts: 1625 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
No not really, always aware of my surroundings maybe a little more vigilant.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of doublecorona
posted Hide Post
Switched from a Glock 19 Gen 3 to a Gen 5 19 with RMR. My two extra mags went from 15 rounders to 17.

Deplorable NRA Life Member

Posts: 1050 | Location: Where my mind is not | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My usual yearly routin had been a P225A1 in the summer and a P229R in the winter when I could conceal it under a field jacket. This had been true until March when this pandemic nonsense started. While I have said in the past that I was never all that concerned about the virus I was weary of it’s affect on the population. Back in March I stopped at a neighborhood Wal-Mart to pick up a few items for dinner and everything felt about the place. Everyone was tense, eyeballing each other like the we’re looking out for predators (they had been watching too many episodes of The Walking Dead if you ask me). I went home and swapped out the P229R for my 92X Centurion and it has remained in my hip ever since. Personally, the Centurion just feels better in the hand even if it is like carrying a P226.

When the rioting (insurrection) began I picked up a Scorpion for the wife but it pulls double duty in the truck or beside the bed.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Updating my older night sites to new and front contrast for my older eyes and positioning my ammo in places I can get to more quickly.
Not much of a riot threat where I live but if economic conditions decline there may be more folks out foraging for easy goodies that don’t belong to them.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Gone from a P365 with a ten round magazine and a fifteen round magazine as a backup to a Wilson Combat EDC X9 with 15+1 and an eighteen round magazine(s) as backup. There are times when total magazine capacity matters.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
No changes here. I should, however, start carrying the spare magazine and backup gun again. I sort of fell out of that habit. The risk of riots is very low here. But not zero.

Posts: 27925 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Yes. Switched from my P365 to my P228 with 15 round mags and 18 round backup mags with grip spacers.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Generally, no change. However, I have added an AR pistol and 5 loaded mags (90 rounds) locked, but quickly accessible in my truck for any trip that could take me across a major city including Richmond.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not many problems here in SC but my H&K 17+1 now has the company of an extra mag if I am going out when thing are not so comfortable.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Went from kahr pm9 to 365 in my Pocket when I shorts and Added a 43x or g19 IWB When wearing Pants. Extra mags in truck. Also have an AR pistol and 6 mags in the vehicle.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post