SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Any Changes TO Your EDC Due To Recent Riots and Threats?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Changes TO Your EDC Due To Recent Riots and Threats? Login/Join 
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Yes. I now carry a backup handgun with me, off-body.
And a rifle goes everywhere my vehicle goes. I drive a lot for work.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope, I still carry either a P226ST 9mm or a Springfield XDM (full-size) 9mm. I bring it least one extra magazine regardless which I'm carrying.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More changes in behavior and my other EDC kit, no real change in CCW. I've started wearing my NAR Ankle Trauma Kit every time I go out, carrying a small GoalZero battery to charge my phone, and keeping both an IFAK and a reasonably stocked medical kit in my truck. I've been lax on carrying medical gear but recent events have made me realize that I may not be able to depend on outside aid when needed and I should be prepared to help myself or others. Other little things like not keeping a high and tight, keeping extra water/food in the truck, wearing more dad/boomer looking clothing without visible logos/designs, removing any and all decals/stickers/etc. from my truck, and making sure nothing with my name or tempting looking is laying out. Gray man as possible.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I started packing my HK SP5 and a G19 in a back pack and keeping it close, especially when traveling with the family.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've almost always carried a mid-size pistol of some sort and a second mag. 30ish rounds of 9mm. Don't see any reason to increase that. If trouble makes it up to here that may change but this area has been pretty well immune to all the BS.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Full size 1911 switched out for the P226 9mm for more capacity. One spare mag and five more in the vehicle. Any light trip to adjacent burgs an AR-15 goes in the trunk with seven 30 rounders minimum. If anywhere near known rough patches the total mag count approaches 20 with tac vest.

Thought about carrying a plastic bag or a skateboard but I heard those don't work. Wink

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
I started packing my HK SP5 and a G19 in a back pack and keeping it close, especially when traveling with the family.

That is my similar set up when I travel except I sometimes carry a G45 instead of the G19. I just added a Kel Tec Sub 2000 (G19 magazine model with) in a sling bag for my "always take with me when I leave the house now" carry.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Carry more reloads in my bag. When I can find one I like/it is available, I will start carrying a PDW in my bag.

Not entirely opposed to carrying a suppressed 22. (I have no desire to go "fight" a riot, and part of me thinks a suppressed 22 may be more useful in running away from one than a real caliber.)

Posts: 5706 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I'm carrying my G26 more than my J frame these days.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I've been shooting and carrying .45 more often than 9mm lately

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Spare mag is now a necessity.

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I haven't made any changes to my EDC but I did put this in the boot of my SUV.

Kel Tec Sub 2000 Gen 2 Glock edition with 1 17 round mag and (3) 30 round mags loaded with Speer Gold Dots.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Only in that now I'm more religious about carrying a spare mag for my Shield 9mm. If I had to go places where Antifa and the like hang out, I'd probably switch to my Poly80 G-19 clone with 2 backup mags.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just made sure to carry an extra mag with whatever carry of the day was, but may switch to the P229 in .357 SIG mode.

NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member

Posts: 137 | Location: Gainesville, FL.  | Registered: July 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My current EDC is Glock 19X with two extra 17+2 mags.

I've also added electronic ear muffs and safety glasses in the cab of my truck along with my Sig 400 Pistol with 2 spare mags.

In my EDC backpack I added a Hardwire Level IIIA backpack insert plus additional IFAK items.

Then I Heard The Voice Of The Lord Saying "Whom Shall I Send? And Who Will Go For Us?" And I Said, " Here I Am, Send Me."
Isaiah 6:8

Posts: 35 | Location: East Texas | Registered: August 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
No changes. Still carrying a full size service pistol with 2 spare mags. Usually my HK USP45 or lately my Glock 45. Spare mags in each vehicles.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
The only change for me is I have been carrying much less during the summer. This year I just can't stand anything extra on my person in the heat.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a big difference. Have my 365, added an extra mag. If I need to go downstate I throw my 229 in the ruck as well.

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Nope.

Where I live now is 90% Mexican and the Mexicans don't seem like the type to put up with rioting and black lies matter and antifa.

Posts: 13049 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Carrying more. Went to appendix and upgraded to a P365XL.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post