SIGforum
Thread on EDC changes due to riots. Lets see the EDC bags y’all were mentioning.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/830601935/m/1900063474

September 08, 2020, 10:11 PM
ruger357
Thread on EDC changes due to riots. Lets see the EDC bags y’all were mentioning.
People were talking about PDWs or extra mags or bigger pistols they were carrying in their packs/bags.

Let’s see the packs/bags and what you are carrying with you daily.

Im carrying a tennis bag with AR pistol and 6 mags.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
September 09, 2020, 11:49 AM
Fenris
For awhile now, I've been carrying a P220/10mm without an extra magazine.

I've just never found a way to carry extra magazines in a way that's comfortable.

It looks like I may need to forgo comfort.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.
September 09, 2020, 04:18 PM
Orive 8
My EDC bag goes in the car with me. It is now a 5.11 RUSH MIKE messenger bag, replaced the old canvas Jack Bauer bag that I had been using for the last 6-7 years. Smaller size works for me.

No extra firearms in it, just a simple IFAK, extra mag for my MR918, flashlight, multi-tool, extra knife, pens & notepad, gloves, Trac phone with power cords, couple of gun magazines (reading kind) and a CRKT Spork - cuz one never knows when he going to come across an extra meal Wink

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.
September 13, 2020, 09:04 PM
jsbcody
Orive 8, suggested additions to bag: compass (even if it is just one of those pin on types) and goggles (swim style or bigger to keep dust/ash/crap out of eyes. I picked up a bunch of cheap mil surplus goggles). Compass is just in case. I have been through a tornado that did not leave any of the known landmarks standing. It was really easy to get disoriented. Lol, I keep a couple N95 masks in bag too, and this was well before the Kung Flu.
September 15, 2020, 02:31 PM
johnson27
Damn good idea on the googles. Never thought about that.....

"I make up for my lack of accuracy by missing as fast as I can"

September 16, 2020, 03:44 AM
chongosuerte
5.11 Rush 24

Adding to the above:
550 cord and some webbing, caribeaner.
Anker battery pack with apple and mini usb cords, wall adapter and 12v adapter, small headphones and Apple dongle.
Extra AAA, AA, and 18650 batteries.
Basic OTC meds.
Binoculars.
Cheap ham radio.
Wool socks.
Flint/steel, lighter.
Pretty serious medical kit (well above an IFAK).
Knife.
Headlamp.
Notepad/pens.
Multi tool/ adjustable wrench.
Seasonal-gloves, head cover, hand warmers.
Water purification filter thingy.
A bunch of other stuff.

And the damn think isn’t even full!

I keep 100 rounds of ammo in my vehicle. I carry at least one spare mag on me, and I don’t have a “truck gun”. Mainly because I don’t want one to get stolen. If I’m going on a road trip I’ll add some stuff, including another gun and more mags.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones
October 05, 2020, 05:34 PM
CQB60
Maxpedition Monsoon

October 15, 2020, 12:46 PM
mosquito
I recently have been carrying the Kelty Sling Pack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-NttEL_Hrw

I like it for several reasons: It doesn't look "tactical", it holds a medium sized pistol and several mags in a ready position, similar to a chest rig. It goes on quickly. It can we worn comfortably while driving. It allows a master grip while still fully concealed.

www.seventactical.com