SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Tell me about Tenicor holsters
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tell me about Tenicor holsters Login/Join 
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted
I’ve seen a few references to Tenicor holster in some recent threads. I looked at them at they have certainly piqued my interest. I didn’t want to derail the other threads, so I’m starting this one. I’d like to find an AWIB holster that allows me to carry my G23 with a TLR-7A. I have a cheapie kydex holster that I have been experimenting with, but it’s not ideal.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Phred,

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Well, there's only two AIWB that they make that will fit with your TLR 7A - The SAGAX LUX and CERTUM LUX.

Basically they are the same except the SAGAX has an angled "wedge" that will turn the grip inward to aid in concealing the grip.
The CERTUM is pretty much the same, but does not have the angled wedge.

I have both, but have been using the SAGAX lately. I don't use the camming bar and only use 1 clip.

If I were to make one change to the design of the SAGAX, it would be to have a less aggressive angle on the wedge. The vertical angle that tucks the grip into your body is fine, but the horizontal angle that cants the grip is a little too much for me.

I bought the CERTUM in hopes to put my own foam wedge for a more tailored fit, but the uneven surface of the kydex set me back on the project.

I also have a JM Custom Kydex. I added my own foam wedge, and conceals pretty good, but I prefer the feel of the retention better on the Tenicors.

Horizontal angle- rotates grip inward

Vertical angle- tucks gun toward body

Posts: 7421 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
I have a Certum 2 and an ARX OWB, both for a G48. I am a particular holster snob, especially with Kydex. I find the Tenicor products to be exceptionally well designed and manufactured. I do not carry AIWB, so I can’t speak to Tenicor and that carry position, but at the 3:30 - 5:00 spot they conceal very well.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2225 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If there's one thing that all active pistol shooters all have in common, is a LaRGe collection of holsters. You'll remark after a decade on how much you've spent on holsters. Tenicor is a great first choice for making the leap into investing in a quality product, their fit and finish I find much better than a majority of makers out there. Excess material is kept to a minimum and retention on the LUX (lights) is on the pistol itself so, you can use the holster without the WML.

I've had the SAGAX LUX for about 6-months now, and got the ARX LUX last month, pretty happy with both. AIWB carry is definitely body-type specific, there's not a loft of hefty-guys (if you get my meaning) carrying AIWB. If my next bonus comes through, I'll probably get a CERTUM LUX and see how the non-wedge goes.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Aiwb is not working out for me. I’ll likely put mine up for karma one day. I’m gonna stick with comptac for no light and try the certum lux for tlr7.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I’m gonna try the SAGAX LUX and see how it goes. I’ll report back with my thoughts.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Well, my SAGAX Lux2 came in yesterday. Initial impressions are good. The fit and finish is superb. I tested it at home and adjusted the ride height to my liking. I carried with it for a little while today while out and about. Overall, I’m pretty pleased. I’ll give it some more time and see if it continues to impress.