SIGforum
Closed cell foam used for wedges.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/830601935/m/1670064044

April 14, 2018, 12:18 AM
Nismo
Closed cell foam used for wedges.
Does anyone know what type of foam is used by makers for foam wedges?

I want to buy a sheet of it and make my own. I ordered a sample piece from ebay, but it is way too soft and fragile.

Is it neoprene?
The one wedge that I have from a maker is sort of like a yoga mat. Maybe I should just buy a yoga mat and cut it up lol.
April 14, 2018, 03:57 PM
jljones
I don't know. But you can buy just the wedge from Mastermind Tactics. Theirs is pretty durable and comfortable.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

April 14, 2018, 04:35 PM
Nismo
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I don't know. But you can buy just the wedge from Mastermind Tactics. Theirs is pretty durable and comfortable.

Mastermind Tactics is where I actually got the one I have from. I ordered the foam pad rather than the wedge, but I was thinking of buying the material in bulk and cutting it in various shapes and sized as a trial and error for the various holsters I have.
April 14, 2018, 05:59 PM
az4783054
Check McMASTER-CARR under "Raw Materials". They have just about anything you can imagine, including various configurations of open/closed cell foam, EDPM foam, rolled, sheet, thicknesses, etc.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.
April 16, 2018, 01:07 AM
sam3
the heel portion of add on boot insoles, foam from a army sleeping pad with guerilla glue and electric tape for good measure.