SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Alessi DOJ-S thoughts and opinions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alessi DOJ-S thoughts and opinions Login/Join 
posted
Looking for a new holster for my Wilson 5" and a buddy swear the Alessi DOJ-S is the best holster he's ever used.
Do you guys have any thoughts or actual time with this holster? If so please voice your opinions.
Thanks

Posts: 636 | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
They are definitely a handsome looking holster. While I prefer iwb, that holster would have me re-thinking my preferences. But holsters are very subjective. What works for one person, ie carry position, body shape, etc may not work for everyone.

Would your friend allow you to borrow his holster for a few days?

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Alessi makes extremely high quality gear. They're one of my favorite leather makers.

DOJ-S is a snap-loop version of the venerable "Avenger" holster style. Personally, Avenger-style OWB holsters (like Alessi's DOJ or DOJ-S) don't work as well for me as the more common Pancake-style OWB holsters (like Alessi's CQC or CQC-S). Pancake holsters usually hold the gun a bit closer to the body, and also spread the weight of the gun out over a wider portion of the belt, than Avenger holsters.

But as mentioned, everyone is different. You'll have to figure out what works for you.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I don't have any experience with the DOJ-S, but I'm very pleased with my Alessi Bodyguard shoulder rig. It came about 3 weeks after I placed the telephone order. And Alessi didn't charge my credit card until the holster was shipped to me.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have this very holster in black for a GM 1911. It's okay but not my favorite. I have other holsters which I feel are a much better value. The Alessi doesn't get used these days.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
I have 2 Alessi holsters. I use one for my Shield and another is for my P320 compact. They're both very high quality and I would recommend Alessi holsters except they have a VERY slow response time. It took almost a year before I received my P320 holster and that was only after I sent them a nasty letter.

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
My experience with Alessi was much better (see my post above). Maybe your bad experience was because the P320 was a newish gun at the time. Maybe the first holster Alessi had made for that model, so had to get the pistol and make forms.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you can get your hands on one, the holster that Josh Bulman makes for Stan Chen is WAY better. I find that the DOJ-S design doesn't pull the butt of the gun into my body nearly as much as the standard fixed loop.

Posts: 597 | Registered: October 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How does one get in touch with BULMAN LEATHERGOODS these days ?

Posts: 462 | Location: NW Indiana  | Registered: January 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bahs11:
How does one get in touch with BULMAN LEATHERGOODS these days ?

You pretty much can't.

Posts: 597 | Registered: October 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post