SIGforum
Alessi DOJ-S thoughts and opinions

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/830601935/m/1610073624

June 26, 2017, 07:35 PM
TJ 4X4
Alessi DOJ-S thoughts and opinions
Looking for a new holster for my Wilson 5" and a buddy swear the Alessi DOJ-S is the best holster he's ever used.
Do you guys have any thoughts or actual time with this holster? If so please voice your opinions.
Thanks
June 27, 2017, 10:16 AM
az4783054
They are definitely a handsome looking holster. While I prefer iwb, that holster would have me re-thinking my preferences. But holsters are very subjective. What works for one person, ie carry position, body shape, etc may not work for everyone.

Would your friend allow you to borrow his holster for a few days?

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.
June 27, 2017, 11:33 AM
RogueJSK
Alessi makes extremely high quality gear. They're one of my favorite leather makers.

DOJ-S is a snap-loop version of the venerable "Avenger" holster style. Personally, Avenger-style OWB holsters (like Alessi's DOJ or DOJ-S) don't work as well for me as the more common Pancake-style OWB holsters (like Alessi's CQC or CQC-S). Pancake holsters usually hold the gun a bit closer to the body, and also spread the weight of the gun out over a wider portion of the belt, than Avenger holsters.

But as mentioned, everyone is different. You'll have to figure out what works for you.
June 29, 2017, 01:01 PM
Pipe Smoker
I don't have any experience with the DOJ-S, but I'm very pleased with my Alessi Bodyguard shoulder rig. It came about 3 weeks after I placed the telephone order. And Alessi didn't charge my credit card until the holster was shipped to me.

Serious about crackers
July 01, 2017, 09:44 PM
mlazarus
I have this very holster in black for a GM 1911. It's okay but not my favorite. I have other holsters which I feel are a much better value. The Alessi doesn't get used these days.

Ignem Feram
July 07, 2017, 02:54 PM
drew3630
I have 2 Alessi holsters. I use one for my Shield and another is for my P320 compact. They're both very high quality and I would recommend Alessi holsters except they have a VERY slow response time. It took almost a year before I received my P320 holster and that was only after I sent them a nasty letter.
July 08, 2017, 12:39 PM
Pipe Smoker
My experience with Alessi was much better (see my post above). Maybe your bad experience was because the P320 was a newish gun at the time. Maybe the first holster Alessi had made for that model, so had to get the pistol and make forms.

Serious about crackers
July 15, 2017, 12:59 AM
Sparky315
If you can get your hands on one, the holster that Josh Bulman makes for Stan Chen is WAY better. I find that the DOJ-S design doesn't pull the butt of the gun into my body nearly as much as the standard fixed loop.
August 01, 2017, 10:02 AM
bahs11
How does one get in touch with BULMAN LEATHERGOODS these days ?
August 15, 2017, 08:15 PM
Sparky315
quote:
Originally posted by bahs11:
How does one get in touch with BULMAN LEATHERGOODS these days ?

You pretty much can't.