SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    A Shout-Out to Barranti Leather
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Shout-Out to Barranti Leather Login/Join 
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted
While my personal concealed-carry choices tend to be in the 1911 realm more often than not these days, the recent acquisition of a Smith & Wesson Model 28-2 - fitted somewhere along its earlier life with the 3-1/2” barrel from a Model 27 - had me desiring to find a good way to port both the gun and some spare ammo.

Enter Barranti Leather. I owned a few pieces of their well-crafted gear already, but never a holster of theirs until now. Pictured is their Summer Classic IWB holster along with their Barranti Spare speedloader pouch and Triple Deuce 2x2x2 ammo carrier.

I can’t overstate how well these items work, particularly the Summer Classic IWB holster. This particular one is crafted for a 4-inch N-frame, and I’ve been using this same holster at times to carry a 4-inch Model 625-6 Mountain Gun. IWB carry of an N-frame? ‘Tis indeed possible!

Pictures here were taken before I’d ever even put the gear on; it’s all now showing a little wear. More pics to come after a little more breaking-in of the leather has occurred.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That’s a nice looking outfit.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
@arfmel, many thanks!

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Very nice set up! I like that bobbed hammer, too!

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

posted Hide Post
Nice outfit indeed,

Does that pistol weigh in at less than two pounds ?

It seems very interesting as well.
And
Nice composition

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
@bendable, many thanks!

That 28’s a bit of a beast but I admit, I’ve never weighed it.

Just checked a reference guide: 41 oz. for a 3-1/2” M-27, so that should be applicable to this M-28, too.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

posted Hide Post
Gents,

Very nice pistol rig! I want one for my M28...

Wes

Posts: 2413 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Weshowe:
Gents,

Very nice pistol rig! I want one for my M28...

Wes

Thank you! Barranti can absolutely hook you up. Plus, they will have shipped it out already - they are in the Top Gun Supply category of speedy shipping!

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Have to take a moment to post one more recent arrival from Barranti: another Summer Classic IWB, this one sized for a 5-inch M-27.

I won’t carry this often but I can report from early “trials,” this holster makes carrying this size gun ridiculously easy.