SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    IWB Kydex - P365 W/ Manual Safety?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IWB Kydex - P365 W/ Manual Safety? Login/Join 
Picture of geckoejon
posted
Hello!

May I have some suggestions for a decent quality IWB Kydex holster for the P365 WITH manual safety? If anyone is making them yet...

Any idea how long the holster manufactures take to catch up with the new releases?

I want to work on a test / break in period, but would like to get used to the carry in the mean time. Thanks...

Jonathan

Posts: 10 | Location: Cocoa, FL | Registered: June 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
The P365 with manual safety fits regular P365 holsters.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I like PJ Holsters for having a wide catalogue and very fast service. Paul is great to deal with. I have a 365 with a laser and a RDS and Paul custom made one for me based on pics I sent him.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of geckoejon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

Even with the solid sweat shield? I’m new to ccw & the terminology. It seems like it would need a groove for the safety switch...

The only one I see that is making one specifically p365 w/ manual safety is Vedder & it is different then the regular p365

Jonathan

Posts: 10 | Location: Cocoa, FL | Registered: June 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It depends upon the holster, but my Tulster IWB (with sweat shield) only fits it if I disengage the safety first.

Posts: 34 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of geckoejon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by APSAbner:
It depends upon the holster, but my Tulster IWB (with sweat shield) only fits it if I disengage the safety first.

Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of having a manual safety? At least it does from my perspective, if I can’t carry it in the safe position....?

*** I just picked up my p365 w/ manual safety today & would like to find an IWB holster that fits correctly with the safety engaged...

Any other suggestions, or do I just need to try having one custom made? Maybe too new?

Jonathan

Picture of geckoejon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pingman274:
I like PJ Holsters for having a wide catalogue and very fast service. Paul is great to deal with. I have a 365 with a laser and a RDS and Paul custom made one for me based on pics I sent him.

That might be the route to go! Are you happy with the holster & would you purchase another? I was hoping to find someone already making them, so I wouldn’t have to go custom... I prefer tried & true, but new to the market makes that hard...

Jonathan

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by geckoejon:
Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of having a manual safety? At least it does from my perspective, if I can’t carry it in the safe position....?

Yeah it does and I won't carry it in that holster until I cut off the sweat shield. I think that most holster manufacturers will shortly have some models with sweat shields and manual safety compatible.

Picture of geckoejon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by APSAbner:
quote:
Originally posted by geckoejon:

Yeah it does and I won't carry it in that holster until I cut off the sweat shield. I think that most holster manufacturers will shortly have some models with sweat shields and manual safety compatible.

Understood... When you find a stock one, please let me know!

Vedder has one listed on their site. I’m not a fan of how low the clip is though... Seems interesting that they had the holster listed before the pistol was released. Maybe they can mold them from specs?

Jonathan

Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

I'm not sure that's the case with all of them. I understand Vedder LightTucks won't work.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure if you found one yet... I got a JM custom kydex iwb with clip. The clip is sturdy and firm.

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If push comes to shove and there is no other alternative, I see no reason you can't heat the holster in the area where the safety will ride, just enough to soften it a little, then quickly and firmly push the gun into the holster. The safety lever or levers will make their own indentation(s).

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got the Cook's Holsters Inc., Kydex IWB P365 with thumb safety holster I ordered on 11 June today. I specified when ordering "P365 with TS" in the special instructions. Fits perfectly with safety on or off. No problems when drawing either.

Posts: 1201 | Location: NC | Registered: February 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post