SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Washington State Drops Tennessee!

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Washington State Drops Tennessee! Login/Join 
Picture of Gary Slider
posted
Washington State Attorney General Bob Ferguson has posted a new list of states that Washington will honor. Tennessee has been removed from that listing. At the link below you can see that listing and scroll down the listing you will see he states:

Tennessee No Allows persons under 21-yrs-old to have license.

http://www.atg.wa.gov/concealed-weapon-reciprocity

Tennessee will continue to honor Washington as Tennessee honors all other states permit/licenses.

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.

Posts: 398 | Location: New Martinsville, WV | Registered: February 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
F*** you Washington.

Posts: 2183 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Always some do-gooder politician making life harder for honest law abiding Americans.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 534 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How hard is to honor licenses only if the bearer is 21 or older? Washington law already requires that out-of-state license holders abide by Washington law while present in the state. Washington law requires licensees to be at least 21. If you are not 21, your license is no good in Washington; it's that simple. If you have a license from a state that issues to persons under 21, but you are 21 or older you should be good to go. Asshatery is strong in Olympia.

Posts: 2149 | Location: Clark County, WA | Registered: December 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you live in Oregon, don't bother getting a WA permit, get the Utah - it covers WA & bunch of other states.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 1702 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
Picture of PorterN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
If you live in Oregon, don't bother getting a WA permit, get the Utah - it covers WA & bunch of other states.

Does Utah still require non-residents to have the permit for their home-state before getting the Utah non-resident permit? Since I live here, I don't know the non-resident permit requirement, but heard rumor that that was the case. I'm just glad that both WA and now NV decided to start honoring Utah!

☣Biohazard☣

Posts: 5997 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
quote:
Washington State Attorney General Bob Ferguson

Not really surprised he is anti-gun; on a mission to save us all from ourselves.

Posts: 583 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
quote:

Does Utah still require non-residents to have the permit for their home-state before getting the Utah non-resident permit? Since I live here, I don't know the non-resident permit requirement, but heard rumor that that was the case. I'm just glad that both WA and now NV decided to start honoring Utah!

Here in Ohio, you can take a class and get the Utah license. I've only seen one person give the class though and I'd have to talk to her.
I'm lucky and got mine out there before I moved back to Ohio. I also have a Michigan CPL but that's because I had a Michigan address at one time. Didn't think a Michigan DL and an Ohio CCW would go over to well together.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 1220 | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:

If you are a WA resident, you must have a WA CPL to apply for the Utah permit.

------------
Bellum ut Deus gratiam

Praemonitus, praemunitus

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Posts: 639 | Location: Kirkland, WA | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
The WA AG is unquestionabley a douch bag and has crossed over from the arbiter of laws to pushing for legislation, notably an assault weapons ban and a mag restriction element.

But the decision to restrict CPLs to those 21 years old pre-dates him by many years, at least 12 but I really don't know how much longer.

Don't get me wrong; he's still a douche-bag.

RCW re concealled firearm permits

I can see The People's Republic of Seattle from my house.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
quote:

I don't think so unless it is new. I know a guy who got a UT permit in TX without a TX LTC about two years ago.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 3452 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post