SIGforum
WML For EDC

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/830601935/m/1300014354

February 13, 2019, 01:15 PM
Warhorse
WML For EDC
I just recently purchased a Black Rhino kydex holster so I could EDC my G19 w/TLR-7. I plan on doing all my practice with the light mounted. This just seems to make sense to me, but will my light hold up to firing a few thousand rounds with it mounted to the gun?

February 13, 2019, 02:39 PM
Anubismp
It better or I'd find a new light. Should have no problem running a solid brand light for carry constantly.
February 13, 2019, 04:35 PM
Chowser
I've had the TLR-7 since it first came out. It's still kicking after a couple thousand rounds with my Glock 32.

I bought another one. My first one had a flickering issue during recoil but I fixed that with a piece of rubber. They fixed future versions.

Not minority enough!
February 14, 2019, 05:25 PM
BennerP220
I have the exact set up you do. I haven’t had a single issue with I don’t know how
many down the pipe.
February 14, 2019, 09:04 PM
Nismo
Those of you that have the TLR7, do you notice any gouging of the rails of the gun?

I have a TLR-1, and noticed that it has slight gouging on the frame near the rear of the rail after a couple hundred rounds. Maybe I'm not tightening the screw enough and the recoil causes the light to shift.
February 15, 2019, 11:23 AM
BennerP220
I have not had that problem. I tighten mine down snug.

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Those of you that have the TLR7, do you notice any gouging of the rails of the gun?

I have a TLR-1, and noticed that it has slight gouging on the frame near the rear of the rail after a couple hundred rounds. Maybe I'm not tightening the screw enough and the recoil causes the light to shift.

February 20, 2019, 05:36 PM
RHINOWSO
Any Streamlight or Surefire WML should take many many thousands of rounds, so fire away!
February 20, 2019, 09:49 PM
hudr
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Any Streamlight or Surefire WML should take many many thousands of rounds, so fire away!

And stand behind their product if it does fail. I shot apart a TLR-3 a couple of years ago. It had spent time on several handguns.
9mm, 40SW, 45ACP and even 10mm.
I got an RMA number and sent it to them in a ziplock baggie. I got back a brand new light, no questions asked. I was satisfied.
February 26, 2019, 09:21 PM
limblessbiff
My TLR-1S holds up on my 10mm G20. It lived on a couple 9mm before that. You’ll be fine, streamlights are built like brick shit houses
March 22, 2019, 12:14 PM
Warhorse
Thanks everybody, I have put ~500 rounds through it now with the light attached with zero issues.