SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Walther PPK/S Holster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther PPK/S Holster Login/Join 
posted
I stumbled upon a Walther PPK/S in .380 from the late 60s and was surprised by its slim outline, having never held one before. It shoots hollow points well and I decided to make it my Sunday carry pistol. I believe it will not intrude upon my gut much so am wanting an IWB holster.
Any suggestions for a comfortable IWB holster for this beauty?

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had this one, link below, for my grandfather’s PPK/S that I acquired as a teenager. I’m not as active as a monkey now and no longer do my own stunts these days so something like a Milt Sparks Summer Special would be more to my liking. I just picked up a West German PP .380 and looking for a holster for it also. Congratulations on your find.

https://safariland.com/product...stband-holster-10824

Posts: 18 | Registered: October 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Might want to look for a Blackhawk leather IWB that fits. Mine for my P238:

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Like Tower_Rat, I don't do my own stunts any more either. As I don't run and jump, I've really become a fan of the Sticky Holsters. Very versatile and comfortable, at least for me.

Sticky Holsters

Plus, you can find them on Amazon, usually a bit cheaper than retail.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Oh I'm not adverse to the "sticky" type holsters either. Here are all my Sig P238 holsters. Big Grin

Remora OWB-2ART, Remora "No Clip" IWB #2P-SS PlusMag, Remora pocket mag pouch, the aforementioned Blackhawk 421433BN-R leather IWB clip, and RKBA leather pocket

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
The Kusiak Signature IWB is a good one. Here's one for a P365. My son has one for a PPK, so I know they make one for it.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the input.
bb

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the classic Milt Sparks "Summer Special"! I don't carry my PPk very often, but when I do, it's in a Summer Special. Also, I don't know what kind of ammo you carry in yours, but these can be very finicky about defensive ammo (JHPs). I found that mine functions flawlessly using Lehigh Defense "Xtreme Penetrator" .380 rounds. These are copper solids with cuts in the front that duplicate the performance of JHP bullets and avoids the issue of underpenetration found with most .380 bullets other than RNFMJs.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
UBG makes some really nice holsters!

http://www.ubgholsters.com/

Posts: 33594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I have a High Noon version of the Summer Special style that I use occasionally for a PPK. It's a bit bulky for such a small flat pistol. I think something like TT Gunleather's Slim XC would be flatter, but I don't know if I'd want a holster that wide for such a small pistol.

Honestly, as small as the PPK is I usually just go OWB with an untucked shirt when I carry it.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry mine in a "Concealed Express" IWB and I find it quite comfortable and easy to re-holster.

Lock N Load

Michael
USMC Ret

Posts: 1450 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post