SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Carry in Kentucky
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carry in Kentucky Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
From Texas.
Specifically, the Creation Museum and the Ark Experience.
And maybe, the Corvette Musuem in Bowling Green.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The National Corvette Museum is posted "No Weapons", but the signs don't carry the force of law in Kentucky.

Don't have information on the other attractions.

Enjoy your trip.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Concealed means concealed. If you violate the signs, and you are caught, they can only ask you to leave. If you refuse to leave, you can be arrested for disorderly.

You'll find that KY LE is very pro-gun all in all.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoKer86
posted Hide Post
Pretty friendly. Can't think of any stark contrasts with TX, except the duty to inform and signage law.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/kentucky.pdf

www.sanderstactical.com

Posts: 770 | Location: Gallatin, TN | Registered: December 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellas.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bobbin' and weavin
posted Hide Post
A bit off topic hudr, but if you are into Corvettes and go to the museum, you might consider going across the road to the Corvette plant. They offer a walking tour of the plant several times a day and I found it to be enjoyable and informative.

Posts: 934 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P.d. is absolutely correct. The plant tours are pretty cool.

Last I heard the tours had been suspended until Jan 2019. If you are interested in a tour, you may want to call ahead to be sure.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
Also off topic.Don't waste your time with the ark or the creation museum.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Not carry related but while you're in that area, get yourself some White Castles if you've never had the pleasure. Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went & made it back. No issues. Of course I didn't try to draw any attention either.
Nice trip, all in all.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Glad you enjoyed it. Smile

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I go to KY a few times a year... Each time I go there I am shocked when i don't get stopped at the border and get issued a gun...

Very friendly state. Just don't run afoul of KSP and you're good to go. (those guys don't mess around, a very admirable LE agency)

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually had some close dealings w/ KSP....
weird situation but I wound up walking around the Ark Encounter with my 17 year old son & his 4 year old 1/2 brother (the ex got pregnant right after our divorce).
Anyway, the poor kid is epileptic, and had a seizure. Having 0 experience with his condition, I contacted staff, they got their local EMS on scene, then called an ambulance and KSP. Nice group of professionals. And yes, I was carrying @ the time but attention was elsewhere (& rightly so).

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Just don't run afoul of KSP and you're good to go. (those guys don't mess around, a very admirable LE agency)

It's funny because the black lives matter types try to run amuck in the Louisville area. They stay within certain confines of what they do. They don't mind locking horns with LMPD day in and day out, but they tend to stay just off of KSPs radar because they know the asswhippin that will come. KSP reminds me of "My name is Dave, and I don't give a fuck"

www.opspectraining.com

Picture of jamaicanj
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in KY. I spent three awesome years in Lexington

Phillipians 4:13
Go Gators/Wildcats!
Glock Cert. Armorer & GSSF Member

Posts: 707 | Location: Florida | Registered: October 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post