SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Driving while carrying appendix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Driving while carrying appendix Login/Join 
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted
Those of you who carry appendix, how do you position the gun/holster while driving? Do you put the seatbelt over the gun, sandwiching the gun between you and the seatbelt?

Or do you put the seatbelt behind the gun, so that the seatbelt is up against your body?

Or...?

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
the bottom belt goes over the whole waistline. The top belt doesn't contact the gun at all.

Posts: 7420 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I put the lap belt portion between the gun and my body. Belt against body with the gun in front of the belt, accessible.

Posts: 3445 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
My main concern would be what happens in an accident? I still use a wilderness tactical holster over my seat belt, in urban areas, but I saw “something” about having an hard object between you and an airbag was a bad idea.

I suspect, given the bruises most folks get, that could also be true of a seatbelt.

Posts: 5724 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I dont think its the airbag that is the concern, but the tightening of the lap belt over the hard gun.

I keep the lap belt over the belt line and gun(keeping my shirt out to allow access) because if I were to tuck the belt behind the gun, the seatbelt would now be resting higher up on my belly, and Im sure that will probably be a bigger issue if I were to get in an accident.

Posts: 7420 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post