SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    CCW Liability Insurance

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CCW Liability Insurance Login/Join 
Call Sign
RIOT ACT
Picture of Mischa
posted
A recent "stand your ground" trial here in Central Florida got me thinking about the need. I'm on the fence. Any experiences are welcomed, favorable or otherwise.

Posts: 346 | Location: Florida | Registered: April 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Armed citizen network may be of interest. They pay upfront (see conditions) and not after you are found to be no guilty as some other insurance policies. I have it as do others who shoot with me.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is.

Posts: 7908 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I'd have no interest in CC insurance. If there's any issue here, it's doing the correct thing from the get-go.

Posts: 2927 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Call Sign
RIOT ACT
Picture of Mischa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:
Armed citizen network may be of interest. They pay upfront (see conditions) and not after you are found to be no guilty as some other insurance policies. I have it as do others who shoot with me.

Appreciate the info.

Posts: 346 | Location: Florida | Registered: April 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
I'd have no interest in CC insurance. If there's any issue here, it's doing the correct thing from the get-go.

Yup. Im certain insurance purchased would be twisted into some sort of intent to kill by any prosecuting atty.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 6727 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apf383:
. . .Im certain insurance purchased would be twisted into some sort of intent to kill by any prosecuting atty.

I do not think that is true. Does carrying auto insurance imply you're looking to get into an accident? Does buying dental insurance mean you have no intention of brushing your teeth?

There are a lot of sources of possible insurance out there to cover the cost of self-defense aftermath. Some are pure insurance. Others are "memberships". Here is a table I put together a couple of years ago when I was looking into coverage for myself (NOTE: I did this a couple of years ago and have not updated the table since -- you need to go to these sources yourself to verify their current coverage policies and prices). It may be of use to the OP as he searches out providers and weighs the potential cost/benefit that they may provide to him:

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3064 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post