SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Marvel's "Ant-Man and the Wasp" trailer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel's "Ant-Man and the Wasp" trailer Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I wasn't really a fan of the first movie but after watching him in Civil War, I warmed up to the character. This looks like it will be pretty good.

Marvel has a huge year ahead of it with Ant-Man, Black Panther and a Avengers movie coming out.

I told the wife we might get the Movie Pass subscription so we can go see all these movies for $10/month.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Comic books, sometimes an issue sucked and sometimes it hit it outta the park.

The movies are similar. However, both the comics and the movies are about entertaining and fun fantastic things, and I let them do that.

I am a fan of them.

If I want real history and accuracy, I'll watch "Roots" (1977)...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43877 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I thought the first Ant-Man was pretty fun. I'll be seeing it.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Evangeline Lilly...in a tight suit, that's all I saw Eek

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
pretty sure Deadpool 2 is coming out as well!!!

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks good, I’ll see it.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3532 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
That looks so cool. . .

The first one was great - hopefully they don't go "Iron Man 3" on this one.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the first movie and his role in Civil War as well. Definitely looking forward to seeing this one.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Evangeline Lilly...in a tight suit, that's all I saw Eek

Were it not for that I'd probably wait for Netflix.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed the first one and I'm a Paul Rudd fan so of course I'm in.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Black Panther, Deadpool 2, Avengers 3, Venom, Ant-man 2, Xmen Dark Phoenix, Aquaman.

I doubt they will match the quality from last year where there wasn't an objectively terrible comic book movie.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Looks like a fun movie. I am slowly turning my wife and daughter into geeks with all of these movies.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I've never been a major comic book guy. And Ant Man sounded pretty lame to me when I heard of it... some of these superheroes are kinda stretching it. But I watched it last night and found it quite enjoyable, even more so than a lot of the others I've seen.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Now that it's available for rent on iTunes, I finally got to see this movie. I thought it was hilarious. A terrific sequel. Michael Pena's character is even better in this than in the first movie.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Now that it's available for rent on iTunes, I finally got to see this movie. I thought it was hilarious. A terrific sequel. Michael Pena's character is even better in this than in the first movie.

agreed!
he's great at funny roles and pretty dang good serious actor so long as the script is decent- definitely played myriad of roles.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
quote:

agreed!
he's great at funny roles and pretty dang good serious actor so long as the script is decent- definitely played myriad of roles.

I agree, I loved him in End of Watch. But, I also love his comic roles like in Antman.

Posts: 4587 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Good enjoyable movie. Like their fighting styles going up against Ghost's fight style, really made both sides have to work at it. That is comparing Ant Man and Wasp's fights against "normal" bad guys.

I will say when the Russian buddy started babbling about Baba Yaga (referring to Ghost), I half expected John Wick to show up. Big Grin

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I will say, though, the way anyone travels through San Francisco is absolutely retarded. The sequence where they're trying to escape the Ghost and chase down Walton Goggin's character, Sonny Burch, puts them pretty much everywhere from North Beach, the Tenderloin, Nob Hill, the financial district, and SOMA all within the span of a few street corners. But I supposed that's how it is with any driving scene in any city.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will say, though, the way anyone travels through San Francisco is absolutely retarded. The sequence where they're trying to escape the Ghost and chase down Walton Goggin's character, Sonny Burch, puts them pretty much everywhere from North Beach, the Tenderloin, Nob Hill, the financial district, and SOMA all within the span of a few street corners. But I supposed that's how it is with any driving scene in any city.

Common' you know better. Movie makers have screwed-up street-scene progression in San Francisco since Bullit, highlighted by movies like Pacific Heights, 48-hours and The Rock.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post