SIGforum
Updated: Timeless-Season 2: Going Full PC/Feminist!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/9970032834

February 24, 2018, 07:52 PM
PASig
Updated: Timeless-Season 2: Going Full PC/Feminist!
Just saw an ad for Timeless Season 2 during the Olympics. Coming back on March 11th!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PASig,

February 26, 2018, 09:25 AM
PASig

February 26, 2018, 09:42 AM
cslinger
My guess is season 2 will be it’s last as it barely scraped by in season one. I really like this show however and I am sorry for that. Because since I really like it......it is surely doomed.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
February 26, 2018, 10:24 AM
PASig
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
My guess is season 2 will be it’s last as it barely scraped by in season one. I really like this show however and I am sorry for that. Because since I really like it......it is surely doomed.

It was actually cancelled...then UN-cancelled.

I'm hoping it has a good couple more years.

February 26, 2018, 11:17 AM
terma-nator
"Nuts"

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.
February 26, 2018, 07:45 PM
BigCity
It has been a while. I totally forgot about it.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

March 12, 2018, 10:45 AM
PASig
Just a heads up here, I haven't watched yet but indications are that Timeless is going full Feminist/PC/Woke for this season:

'Timeless' turns back the clock to focus on trailblazing women, icons of color in Season 2

A friend of mine told me read somewhere that they are only going back in time this season to rescue/help either women or minorities:

quote:

“History belongs to everybody, not just a bunch of white dudes,” he says. “I think the stories we’re telling are stories that are both underrepresented and deserve to be told.”

So the show will dive into important historical figures such as “grandfather of rock and roll” Robert Johnson; Nobel Prize winning scientist Marie Curie and her daughter Irene; the actress who invented WiFi, Hedy Lamarr; the first African-American Nascar driver, Wendell Scott; the first unofficial female NYPD officer Grace Humiston; Benjamin Franklin’s mother Abidah; the leader of the National Women’s Party, Alice Paul; and the most famous conductor of the Underground Railroad, Harriet Tubman.

Link

I may not even bother with this crap. Roll Eyes

March 12, 2018, 12:19 PM
apprentice
I also enjoyed season 1, so I'll give it a few chances.

Hope it isn't just the usual pc tripe, but rather a look at history we typically don't hear about. White dude stories do get a bit boring.
March 12, 2018, 01:32 PM
cne32507
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Just a heads up here, I haven't watched yet but indications are that Timeless is going full Feminist/PC/Woke for this season:

'Timeless' turns back the clock to focus on trailblazing women, icons of color in Season 2

A friend of mine told me read somewhere that they are only going back in time this season to rescue/help either women or minorities:

quote:

“History belongs to everybody, not just a bunch of white dudes,” he says. “I think the stories we’re telling are stories that are both underrepresented and deserve to be told.”

So the show will dive into important historical figures such as “grandfather of rock and roll” Robert Johnson; Nobel Prize winning scientist Marie Curie and her daughter Irene; the actress who invented WiFi, Hedy Lamarr ; the first African-American Nascar driver, Wendell Scott; the first unofficial female NYPD officer Grace Humiston; Benjamin Franklin’s mother Abidah; the leader of the National Women’s Party, Alice Paul; and the most famous conductor of the Underground Railroad, Harriet Tubman.

Link

I may not even bother with this crap. Roll Eyes

"It's Hedley"

Abigail Spencer is from Gulf Breeze area. Her father was a surfer and the family owns a surf shop chain.
March 12, 2018, 02:12 PM
sigmonkey
I watched pilot (Rewind) to "Timeless".

If you have some time, it is worth the watch.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
March 12, 2018, 02:22 PM
PASig
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:

"It's Hedley"

Huh? Confused

Hedy Lamarr; born Hedwig Eva Maria Kiesler, November 9, 1914 – January 19, 2000 was an Austrian-born American film actress and inventor

March 12, 2018, 02:36 PM
sigmonkey
"Hedley Lamarr" (Harvey Korman)

Blazing Saddles

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!