SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    If I have to watch that stupid Liberty National Emu commercial...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If I have to watch that stupid Liberty National Emu commercial... Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
...one more time I’m going to go to the emu farm outside of Crossville TN and stomp on some emu chicks until they call the cops...now I feel better Wink...this should probably be in “what’s your deal”...sorry ‘bout that...but it is on TV ad nauseam Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I agree. That commercial irritates the crap out of me!

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I'm fairly sure some of these companies don't want us to use their services.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Give me your hand..........................

Yes, annoying.

I do kind of like some of the Progressive commercials with Flo.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
It is an AUTOMATIC channel change when it comes on.
Awful. Mad

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, the emu is better than the actor that can't remember the lines.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I flash back to around 2000 when the emu scam cratered in Texas and we were out in Central TX hunting and 2 emus came walking down the rural county road after someone let them go and I had a .270 in within reach and was wondering, at 75 yards, how much of a feather explosion a 130 grain bullet would do to one of them. I passed and went back to my Jameson.

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Car insurance commercials are the worst. How do companies possibly believe we will use/buy their services when they have stupid advertising? Doesn't that reflect on how stupid the company is? I am baffled.

And Joe Namath pitching for Medicare benefits that you have to pay to get!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: urbanwarrior238,

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1375 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And Joes latest has him sheltering at home! Roll Eyes
And is there anything not being made with Hempvana?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
There's a local car dealership that advertises their "one dime down" deal all the time. It's seriously on every radio commercial break. They have this obnoxious screechy whiny woman with a Jersey accent that makes me want to rip my radio out of the dash every time it comes on. Do they not realize that crap like this guarantees I will never give them my business? I'd walk everywhere before I bought a car from those people.

Posts: 8540 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
I hate to break it to you, but that "one dime down" commercial must be syndicated, as it plays everywhere. The only thing that changes is the name of the dealership. Highly annoying. But to a certain demographic, being able to get a new car, even if you're upside down on your current vehicle, for only a dime, must be very appealing. It's never for a Mercedes or Audi, it's always for a Kia.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3296 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
I hate to break it to you, but that "one dime down" commercial must be syndicated, as it plays everywhere. The only thing that changes is the name of the dealership. Highly annoying. But to a certain demographic, being able to get a new car, even if you're upside down on your current vehicle, for only a dime, must be very appealing. It's never for a Mercedes or Audi, it's always for a Kia.
Kia? I thought that was a campground.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by urbanwarrior238:
Car commercials are the worst.

I don't think there's been a decent car commercial since Joe Isuzu.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Earlier today on Fox News I saw the emu in sidecar version, and to make it much worse Brian Kilmeade had to cut off Rep Dan Crenshaw for the stupid commercial!

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
I guess I'll be the oddball, I love the struggling actor commercial, probably has something to do with my step-son being one. Libty Bibpty bitches!

Posts: 1842 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
They taste like chcicken.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
One of my rules is that I will do everything I can not to spend money with a company that puts out awful, annoying commercials. I will never be a Liberty Mutual customer.

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the Rastafarian dude milking the Skittles Giraffe is a bit much, too. Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I don't mind the Emu. Everyone recognizes it and other ads like it or not. Sounds like an effective ad campaign to me.

Posts: 7521 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
I don't mind the Emu. Everyone recognizes it and other ads like it or not. Sounds like an effective ad campaign to me.

I love the emu, especially the one when it's in the sidecart eating bugs. It's ALL THEIR OTHER stupid ads I can't stand.

I think they are aiming at idiots (who don't understand concepts lime gap insurance, foe example).

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post