SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Hollywoods New "all geared up" fetish
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hollywoods New "all geared up" fetish Login/Join 
posted
there are two fire Dept shows on now, and as expected they often get in to their turnout gear with all kinds of fancy schmancy tools and electronic stuff hanging off of them .

then there are two or three military shows on , that have the actors all "geared up" w/ 44 pounds of gee gaws , doo dads and tactical gizmo's

then there are two or three L.E. shows that have
those guys decked out in black or o.d. entry costumes.

I am not talking about a Bat belt with a cuff case and holster,
I am talking vests, L.b.v's,com's, stun grenades, trauma kits and you name it.

I can't wait for christmas to see the 19 piece $79.00
"geared up" toy sets.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
operators tactically operate operationally in their tactical area of operations ... with beards.

-----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Some of the officers on Live PD, which is for reals, have all kinds of gear on their torso.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Maybe because its the stuff they use in real life??? Confused

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I've been retired a bit over 10 years...My duty belt, with weapon, ammo, cuffs, knife, OC spray , radio and a few other items weighed 13 pounds.

I got out just before the Troops started wearing the Tac vest. MORE places to hang even MORE gear.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
there are two fire Dept shows on now, and as expected they often get in to their turnout gear with all kinds of fancy schmancy tools and electronic stuff hanging off of them .

then there are two or three military shows on , that have the actors all "geared up" w/ 44 pounds of gee gaws , doo dads and tactical gizmo's

"geared up" toy sets.

I would have killed to be as light fighting as those guys in that pic. My tactical load out was nearly 60 pounds and that was just plates, ammo, and 2 quarts of water with a MRE in my butt-pack. 10 more when I carried my combat lifesaver bag with a few IV's and associated med gear. Add another 30-50 if I needed to carry my ruck too. It's nice to see at least a bit of reality when watching these shows. It's very real to see a soldier that weighs about 170 pounds actually carrying his weight in gear and sometimes more!

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
rusbro : Eek

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Sometimes at work I keep Peanut M&M’s in my labcoat pocket. That’s as geared up as I get Smile

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Yep

I had a buddy that jumped into panama with the rangers...he was an RTO, and was carrying a PRC-77

Brian was about 5’3 and 130 pounds in winter weight BDUs in a monsoon

With the prick, extra batteries, weapon, main chute, reserve chute, magazines, and all the other myriad of shit he had to carry, his gear weight was almost the same as his body weight when he went out the door

I carried a M60 for a while. The weight of the the M60, by itself, was a little over 23 pounds, unloaded....the damn t&e mechanism that they made us carry, but we never used was another 17ish pounds

And that’s before one round of ammunition

Granted you had an AG to split that shit up with, but the AG had to carry the T&E as well as his weapon, spare ammo for the pig, spare ammo for his weapon, and it goes on and on....

Agent Navy Seal Booth looks positively lightweight in that photo to me

quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:

"geared up" toy sets.

I would have killed to be as light fighting as those guys in that pic. My tactical load out was nearly 60 pounds and that was just plates, ammo, and 2 quarts of water with a MRE in my butt-pack. 10 more when I carried my combat lifesaver bag with a few IV's and associated med gear. Add another 30-50 if I needed to carry my ruck too. It's nice to see at least a bit of reality when watching these shows. It's very real to see a soldier that weighs about 170 pounds actually carrying his weight in gear and sometimes more!

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I'm just happy they have proper trigger discipline in the picture.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Some of the officers on Live PD, which is for reals, have all kinds of gear on their torso.

External armor carriers with carrier-mounted equipment is the new trend for patrol officers from a number of agencies. Gets the gear up off the waist, which is more comfortable, and can also help prevent the waist/hip/back problems associated with the old duty belts. (External vests are also more comfortable than body armor worn under uniforms, especially during hot weather.)

They're especially helpful for petite officers, like that lady, who have limited real estate on their waistline. (Not a problem from which I currently suffer...)

quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
I got out just before the Troops started wearing the Tac vest. MORE places to hang even MORE gear.

That's one potential pitfall of these external carriers. If they're just taking the same equipment normally worn on the belt and putting it up on the torso, that's fine. If they're seeing it as an opportunity to load officers down with even more gear, that could have an opposite effect than intended.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
This reminds me to get a trauma kit and get familiar with it. Everything else Bendable.... I'd rather have five steel cuffs and 20 zipp cuffs and not need them then to have only two pair and need them. We all carry on duty equipment we have needed only once, but doing so saved some one's life, and now you never know when youll need it. Trust me, I carry atleast two boxes of gloves in my pants for this reason alone. Never know when you will need more.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He had it right....

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Sometimes at work I keep Peanut M&M’s in my labcoat pocket. That’s as geared up as I get Smile

No tactical stethoscope and survival pen?
Smile

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

No tactical stethoscope and survival pen?
Smile

I was doing telemedicine yesterday so no need for either. Normally I don’t even where a lab coat, they just want us to look professional when we are on the other end of the video.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

It looks like he's getting a little caulky there.

Wink

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man of few words
posted Hide Post
quote:

If that's all the firefighters on TV are actually geared up in that's pretty light on the equipment. I'd have at least all of that on plus a thermal camera, and a handheld tool (halligan/axe).

I'm 6'3"/195 pounds. With all of my gear on and the above mentioned equipment I'm probably closer to 250 pounds.

Posts: 1009 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
He is stacking up before they raid the roach motel

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
He had it right....

What in the world does Chuck Norris need a gun for?

Posts: 260 | Registered: March 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post