SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Suspect - 2013 Korean Language Film
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Suspect - 2013 Korean Language Film Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
If you can't handle subtitles, no sense reading on.

Stumbled on this film on the Roku Channel's Hi-Yah! offerings. It's reviewed here:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3404158/
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_suspect_2013

I quite enjoyed it and frankly was rather surprised at the quality of the intricate action scenes, be they lengthy car chases, gun play, or hand to hand combat. I agree with the first user reviewer at the IMDb link. Very underated. I kept making mental comparisons to the likes of franchises like Jason Bourne, Bond, Mission Impossible, John Wick, as well as other notable action films.

Well worth a view.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16204 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Interesting...60+ views and no comments.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16204 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Netflix? Amazon Prime? Oh, now I see it. I have a Roku, not sure if I get that channel. I'll go look for it.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Check out "The Man From Nowhere". It is a little slow in the beginning but then is gets really damn good. I try to watch it once or twice a year.

Posts: 3934 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
Check out "The Man From Nowhere". It is a little slow in the beginning but then is gets really damn good. I try to watch it once or twice a year.

I believe its available on tubi. Thanks!

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
I'll check it out,thanks

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
https://tubitv.com/movies/500771/the_man_from_nowhere

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Suspect

The actor also played lead in the movie "The Train to Busan" which I thought was pretty good as well.

A similar movie called "The Berlin File" was also pretty good, if I recall correctly.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12717 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:

Just watched it on tubi. Agreed that it is a good one. Thanks! Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192