SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Who's Your most Underated Actor/Actress?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who's Your most Underated Actor/Actress? Login/Join 
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Bruce Campbell.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Lots of really good ones mentioned so I'll throw one out off the top of my head:

John Rhys-Davies

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
John Rhys-Davies

Ooh... Good one.

Y'know, he was actually highly allergic to the facial prosthetics he wore during filming of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. But he just manned up and dealt with it, putting in an outstanding performance despite being miserable for months straight.

(Though it did result in him turning down the role he was offered as a dwarf in the Hobbit films, since he didn't want to deal with all that again.)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
Until this year, I would have said Gary Oldman.

But I’ve been a fan of Courtney B Vance since his portrayal of Jonesy in The Hunt For Red October.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Brian Dennehey, James Woods, Pierce Brosnan, Bill Paxton, Judge Reinhold, Sissy Spacek, Kevin Pollack, Burgess Merrideth, Roy Scheider, Robert Shaw, Scott Eastwood, Powers Booth, etc. etc.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Mark Rylance.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
C. Thomas Howell.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Jonathan Pryce.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
Brad Dourif is always convincingly cracked.

He is a good character actor.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
Mos Def,

he was good in Hitcherhiker's Guide as well as in 16 blocks and the Italian job (and more)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Olivia Colman. She's been around a long time in the UK
She was great in The Night Manager.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
Claire Foy.
Still on a Claire Foy binge; BBC tv series Upstairs Downstairs, 2010 season 1 and getting into 2012 season 2 now (hard to recognize, but Art Malik (True Lies (1994) is also in it), Wolf Hall (2015), and The Crown (2016). Just rewatched Unsane (2018) yesterday.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I don't know that he's underrated, strictly speaking, but Paul Dano has serious chops.

* There Will Be Blood
* Prisoners
* The Girl Next Door
* Little Miss Sunshine
* and others

Anyone who can hold their own on screen with Daniel Day Lewis is no slouch.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
Mark Rylance.

Outstanding in Wolf Hall

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
always is in a supporting role and gives strong performances:

David Strathairn
Not always: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0433383/?ref_=nm_knf_i1

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Cuba Gooding JR. I really liked him in Men of Honor. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
Mark Rylance.
Outstanding in Wolf Hall
Wolf Hall? 10/10. He had a great line in Dunkirk (2017).

Rolls-Royce Merlin engines. Sweetest sound you could hear out here.