SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Punisher drops on Nov 17. Netflix
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Punisher drops on Nov 17. Netflix Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
Woo!Hoo!

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will be waiting to binge.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't wait. The punisher was my favorite comic book and I had every one from mini series and the regular one and of course The War Journel. I still have the graphic novels.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Those trailers are epic. Never watched a streaming service's original show before, but I'm going to start with Punisher!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
this is the first season?? for some reason I thought this had been going a while...

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
this is the first season?? for some reason I thought this had been going a while...

He had a supporting role on Daredevil!!!!!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Those trailers are epic. Never watched a streaming service's original show before, but I'm going to start with Punisher!

Daredevil is really good one also. Really well done. Vincent D'Onofrio plays a fantastic villain.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweet. Gonna be a good month. Punisher and Longmire. Here's to turkey day vacation and binge watching both.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:

First season of the standalone Punisher series.

He had previously appeared in Season 2 of the Daredevil series.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
Wife and I watched the first few Punisher episodes last night.

We enjoyed it, will be watching the rest of the season over the next couple of weeks.

A little confusing, though, as my recollection was that Micro was Castle's ally, sort of his "staff", if you will. The first few episodes pit them against each other. Maybe that changes later on?

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
As for Micro, keep with it.

On episode 6 and enjoying it so far. Oh yeah, Homeland Security Agent Madani is HAWT!!!!!!

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
Finished watching it earlier today, while it was good, I have to say I was somewhat disappointed with it. The plot seemed rather weak and to me it was like the writers didn't have enough substance to work with so there was a lot of filler thrown in. Mind you I'm not opposed to dramatic conversation, I think the bit between Castle and the paralegal in the diner in DD season 2 was one of the best scenes in Marvel history, but there were just so many dull moments in Punisher that I repeatedly found myself picking up my iPad.

Still better than Iron Fist, but I'm liking the couple episodes of Longmire I caught more than Punisher

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Without spoilers.... can someone tell me if i have to watch his introduction in Daredevil first or if i can just start the show?

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I'm on episode 5 or 6 and I haven't watched DD. So far I feel up to speed and I am really enjoying this show.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you'll be fine going back to DD after watching the series. I've got two to go and they are enjoyable to watch.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Ive watched the first three episodes, and man am I hooked!! Best kick ass TV I've seen in a long time.

By the way, the F****** hate comic book shit. Thankfully, the comic book shit is to a bare minimum (practically nonexistent). Just an angry, broken character, who I'm sure we all can relate to at times.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Without spoilers.... can someone tell me if i have to watch his introduction in Daredevil first or if i can just start the show?

Watching Daredevil will give you the Punisher's back story (death of his family) and previous interactions with Karen Page, but you don't really need to watch it first.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I'm at episode 8. It's a pretty well-done lightweight spy-intrigue-thriller series, like a TV version of Jack Reacher or Bourne, but it doesn't have enough "punishing." The series is very talky and dramatic so far. It's not bad, but I was kinda hoping it'd be closer to scenes like in The Raid: Redemption or Dredd. I suppose it's too difficult to have a series like that in these times where the public has an extreme aversion to depicted gun violence, especially with the Millennials. Frank Castle does go slightly John Wick in his Afghanistan flashback for about 30 seconds, but it's dark and moody and quick. I hope the series is leading to an entire episode that's like the last 10 minutes of Rambo 4. That could save it for me.

But, everyone seems to have pretty good trigger finger discipline, so there is that.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Toward the end of the season, Castle does go all Punishery (word?). The show ended on a high note, in terms of action and closing a couple storylines. It does give the creators an option of either ending the show entirely or allow a 2nd season. The finale also offers a glimpse into the creation of Jigsaw (enemy of Castle in the comics). I hope Castle has a couple cameo appearances in the upcoming 3rd season of Daredevil.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Welcome back Frank. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post