SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Clint Walker
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clint Walker Login/Join 
posted
Not the greatest actor but I think I enjoyed most everything he ever did.

When I read the first Jack Reacher book years ago the first actor I thought who could be Reacher was Clint Walker in his prime. He was even bigger than described.

He turns 91 in May.

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies.

Gene Hill

Posts: 626 | Registered: July 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i loved Cheyenne, great series. I forgot he was in the Dirty Dozen.

I was reading about him falling out of a ski lift & the ski pole pierced his heart, a doc pronounced him dead but another doc started surgery & brought him back to life. The man went back to work 2 months later! Tougher that a $2.00 Woolworth counter steak!

Thank you Mr Walker,happy91,

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by germandogs:
When I read the first Jack Reacher book years ago the first actor I thought who could be Reacher was Clint Walker in his prime. He was even bigger than described.

Certainly a notch above Tom Cruise. Smile

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Tougher that a $2.00 Woolworth counter steak!

What a great line!

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
He made Jim Brown look small.... Eek

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Ever see Gold of the Seven Saints? Him and Roger Moore. Good western. Even has Chill Wills, Gene Evans. Watch it if you get a chance.
I bet Clint is still a force.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not seen it. I will try and find.

Thanks

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies.

Gene Hill

Posts: 626 | Registered: July 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
I still remember the exclamations from my wife, mother and sister as we watched Clint chopping wood bare chested in "The Night of the Grizzly".

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cheyenne was great. I sing the theme song to my little girl at night to help her fall asleep. She sometimes watches the reruns with me. He's still catching the eye of girls generations later.

I'm glad he's still around. I, too, enjoyed everything he ever appeared in.

I've read that he had a minor role in The Ten Commandments as leader of the Pharoah's guards, until Cecille B. DeMille pulled him because he made Charleton Heston and Yul Brenner look small.

Posts: 631 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 631 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I'm pleasantly surprised to see this on YouTube, in good quality, even. The last time I saw it was when it first aired.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r3y-SRsNPI

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clint was one of the best things to happen to ty hardin ( Bronco Lane)

i.i.u.c.
Clint had some contractual problems while working on Cheyanne , and the studio brought Ty in to take over Clints position.

http://tyhardin.net/AllAboutTyHardin.htm

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
As I remember way back then, the network used to rotate weekly among Cheyenne, Bronco and Sugarfoot episodes on Friday nights.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
Check-out Yellowstone Kelly 1959 starring Clint Walker with Edd Brynes, John Russell, and stunning Andra Martin.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post