SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across the 8th Dimension
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across the 8th Dimension Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted
for some reason it is this is one of my favorites from my childhood, only ever saw it on VHS and a rental at that. Back when you had to rend the Video player and the VHS tape.

Anyway, it is on Amazon Prime. I am watching it now.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
I have "No matter where you go, there you are" written on my backpack. Therefore, I am never lost when I am hiking, just headed towards a different destination. Big Grin

For a long time "Laugh-a while you can, monkey boy" has been one of my favorite taunts.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Buckaroo Bansai represents 1 hour and 43 minutes of my youth I will never get back.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's Big-boo-TAY!

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
"We are not in the Eighth dimension, we are over New Jersey."

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
for some reason it is this is one of my favorites from my childhood, ...

Same for me but include The Ice Pirates. A weird but fun movie when I was a kid.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every guild in a MMO or other like game, my first suggestion for a name is The Hong Kong Cavaliers.

Also, it’s been my signature line here for awhile.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Was the "Mr. Wizard" reference in the Matrix a reference to Bonzai?

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Mission Control:
Buckaroo, The White House wants to know is everything ok with the alien space craft from Planet 10 or should we just go ahead and destroy Russia?

Buckaroo Banzai:
Tell him yes on one and no on two.

Mission Control:
Which one was yes, go ahead and destroy Russia... or number 2?

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Laugh while you can, monkey boy.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SecurityGeek
posted Hide Post
Character is whata you are ina the dark!

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"

- Satchel Paige

Posts: 194 | Location: Little Elm, Texas | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“There are monkey boys in the compound, there are monkey boys in the compound!”

I could never take John Lithgow seriously after this.

Posts: 215 | Location: Western PA | Registered: March 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Use more honey!

Posts: 701 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I had a Yoyodyne employee parking sticker on my car for years.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
I have "No matter where you go, there you are" written on my backpack. Therefore, I am never lost when I am hiking, just headed towards a different destination. Big Grin

For a long time "Laugh-a while you can, monkey boy" has been one of my favorite taunts.

wasn't this line also used in a Mad Max movie?

I find it playing on a cable channel every now and them, and my wife rolls her eyes when I stop surfing and watch it,

great cast,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Laugh while you can, monkey boy.

I used that line in a public meeting where an uninformed government employee tried to ridicule something said by an informed member of the public.

No one, not one, got the reference.

It shows the sorry state of education today.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
You reminded me I also had a Yoyodyne T-shirt. But it had "laugh while you can monkey boy" on the back, though that was NOT mentioned in the ad. I had to stop wearing it to work because no one got it, and thought it hinted at something else. Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

wasn't this line also used in a Mad Max movie?

Beyond Thunderdome.

(and it made me feel cheated) Big Grin

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:

there are quite a few movies that reference or make homage to Buckaroo. Back to the Future even stole the Oscillation Overthruster and renamed it the Flux Capacitor. This site lists just a few of them.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:

there are quite a few movies that reference or make homage to Buckaroo. Back to the Future even stole the Oscillation Overthruster and renamed it the Flux Capacitor. This site lists just a few of them.

Thanks for the link, that was amazing how many of those I have seen. I have not connected the flux capacitor prior.

Just last night the girls and I were watching "Ready Player One" and he wears the 'Buckaroo Bonzai" outfit to the club, because that is his favorite Wink

posted Hide Post
I had a coworker who, if you asked what something on the electronics bench was, and made the mistake of pointing at it, would reply "It's your hand Buckaroo."

My SO also planned a Buckaroo Bonzai Pizza Pigout Party once. Invited all kinds of friends over and had all the fixings for whatever kind of pizza you could want. Make it yourself, throw it in the oven and enjoy the movie. It was a big success.

Posts: 116 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: August 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post