SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bohemian Rhapsody? Anybody seen it?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bohemian Rhapsody? Anybody seen it? Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bohemian Rhapsody has earned more than $600m worldwide at the box office, making it the highest-grossing music biopic of all time.
With this success, the producers are now under pressure to make a sequel.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Maybe not a sequel, but there was a preview of an Elton John biopic before BR. So I think they planned for BR to do really well.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Finally saw this and Mrs. Gear and I really enjoyed it. Rami was nothing short of amazing, and the Live Aid performance gave me chills it was so well done. I’m glad they lip sync’d the original soundtrack from the concert and was amazed at how much of a match everything was from the actual show. Right down to the crowd participation at Wimbledon. I just wish we had gone to see it at the theater.

I heard somewhere that there are several band bio movies in the works but I predict they will fall short of Bohemian Rhapsody.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I finally got to see it last night.

I pumped up my sound system and enjoyed every minute of the movie.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3457 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It *should* win the Oscar for Best Picture.

I fear it will get snubbed because according to critics it wasn't "gay enough".
Roll Eyes

I thought they handled Mercury's homosexuality well in light of the era, it's not like today where it's shouted from the rooftops and celebrated. He also was famously private about it and did not talk much about his private life.

Posts: 33606 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very good...entertaining, well written and respectful, I don't think anyone got snubbed or, shorted. Admittedly, I was never a fan of the band and their music but, Mercury was a hell of an entertainer, had an awesome voice and was good at engaging their crowds. The LiveAid performance brought back a lot of memories...we stayed with family who was posted in Monterey at DLI, got up early to watch, struggled to stay away, dozed off.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Out on DVD on 2/12 for those who missed it when it was in theaters.

I loved it.

Posts: 33606 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw it tonight, great flick. Rami definitely deserved his Oscar! The music rocked. Took me down memory lane a bit as I remember seeing them in Harrisburg, PA in May of 1974. They were opening for Mott the Hoople. But you know who was on before Queen?........Aerosmith. Young bands just starting to grow up!

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
United has it on their movie chanel still so I watch it whenever on the plane. It’s one of those rare movies that I can watch over and over.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
My wife and I watched it last night on HBO. Neither of us were Queen fans, but we heard many times that the movie was great—including in this thread. Great story, great acting.

Other than Mercury, the only other band member I knew by sight was (is) Brian May. With hair and makeup, the actor looked just like him. When they rolled credits at the end, it became apparent that the other two actors looked a whole lot like the men they portrayed too. I was blown away by the “musicianship” of the actors—you can ALWAYS see that an actor is faking the playing of an instrument, except this time

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to see the movie not long after it came out. I wasn't excited about it, but was on the road and it was the only film playing in the time I had available, so I saw it.

I was impressed. Malik was incredible. It's not one I'd go see again, but was a good film.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I watched about the last 3/4 of it on HBO this past weekend. It was OK. They spent a surprising amount of time re-enacting the Live Aid concert. While well done and enjoyable, I think it must have come at the sacrifice depicting a lot of songwriting, recording and touring. It seemed like it went from the birth of We Will Rock You in about 1977 to Live Aid in 1985 with little acknowledgement of all the music created in between.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I saw it (uncut) on a flight not long ago. While I thought the characters were well done, in the end, I felt it was a typical "rock star excess" display.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
I watched about the last 3/4 of it on HBO this past weekend. It was OK. They spent a surprising amount of time re-enacting the Live Aid concert. While well done and enjoyable, I think it must have come at the sacrifice depicting a lot of songwriting, recording and touring. It seemed like it went from the birth of We Will Rock You in about 1977 to Live Aid in 1985 with little acknowledgement of all the music created in between.

ditto,

still a very well done movie, wife and I enjoyed it and I am not a queen fan

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
It seemed like it went from the birth of We Will Rock You in about 1977 to Live Aid in 1985 with little acknowledgement of all the music created in between.

Did you miss that montage that summed up their meteoric rise? It was a whole bunch of their songs from 77-84 or so along with all the locations they toured. I thought it was the best way they could have acknowledged this without the movie turning into a 6 hour documentary which wasn't the point of it.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Watched it last night, thought it was really well done the actors were spot on and the Mike Myers was a great bit...

Posts: 23242 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post