SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bohemian Rhapsody? Anybody seen it?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bohemian Rhapsody? Anybody seen it? Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
NO SPOILERS PLEASE:

Has anyone seen this movie yet?
I only trust the SIG Forum for Movie reviews.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I'm going to see it Tuesday evening. My wife already has our tickets. I'll post a review then if no one else has.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Thanks Todd!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I just got back. I quite enjoyed it. It was very well done.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I saw it. Someone needs to slap the stupid look off the face of the actor playing John Deacon. Other than that I was entertained.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
BR, 28 Trombone Collage from the International Trombone Festival.

https://youtu.be/-m8MqIS6VEU

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
my wife and i liked [ all of the cats - some great expressions! ]

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i bet i know how it ends ... Wink

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
I sprung the extra $6 per ticket times three to see it at the Dolby showing. And I was spell bound during the LiveAid reenactment. I can agree with much of the "Professional" Critics, but this is not an expose biopic but a Rock and Roll music driven story. Were some issues glossed over? Sure but this movie was made with active input from the Band. I had a good time.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Just got back from seeing it. Both the wife and I really liked it.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
i bet i know how it ends ... Wink -----
Yeah, there are no possibilities of spoilers unless you've never heard of Queen.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
My daughter and I are going Friday afternoon.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3811 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
BR, 28 Trombone Collage from the International Trombone Festival.

https://youtu.be/-m8MqIS6VEU

As a trombone player, I thought that was just great.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SecurityGeek
posted Hide Post
Rami Malek was incredible. All of the guys in the band were good as well, especially Gwilym Lee as Brian May.

If you have one near you, see this at the Alamo Drafthouse. The pre-show was mostly Queen music videos and live performances, so it was fun to be able to compare.

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"

- Satchel Paige

Posts: 194 | Location: Little Elm, Texas | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I hope to soon, half just for the music!

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We just saw it. I really enjoyed it but thought more Music would have been welcome. Freddie was a wizard. Well worth $11 for the 2 of us.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I'll echo the previous comments about Rami Malek. He did an awesome job. He BECAME Freddy Mercury. At times, you could almost forget it was someone else.

The cinematography was first rate, lots of great camera angles and shots that left me wondering just how they did that.

The music was well done. Some sequences about the beginnings of their most popular songs, and I don't doubt that the band members had some input into it since Brian May and Roger Taylor were executive producers.

Look for Mike Meyers in his short role. He's great as usual.

Altogether, I'd give it at least an 8 out of 10.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
... Look for Mike Meyers in his short role. He's great as usual. ...
Wait, was that him in the Blue Oyster Cult beard? Hahaha. The shot if him at the end was so hilarious! Big Grin

If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
... Look for Mike Meyers in his short role. He's great as usual. ...
Wait, was that him in the Blue Oyster Cult beard? Hahaha. The shot if him at the end was so hilarious! Big Grin

That was him. One of his lines was about no kids would be bobbing their heads to Bohemian Rhapsody. Which, of course, is the scene in Wayne's World that led to the resurgence of Queen.

Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
First off, I'm not a huge Queen fan. The music is ok to me. I do recognize the talent and can appreciate that. Having said that, I was a little skeptical going into the movie. The wife wanted to see it so I obliged. As it turns out, it was a really good movie. I enjoyed it much more than I thought I was going to. Rami did a fantastic job of portraying Mercury and the actors they picked for the rest of Queen were spot on. I would definitely recommend the movie.

Posts: 1694 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post