SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Your Favorite Gun Scenes from Movies
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Favorite Gun Scenes from Movies Login/Join 
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
"No Ace, just you."

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
Not my favorite gun scene, but my favorite SHOTGUN scene from another Peckinpah film.

And, it's a High Standard K-120 Police model

booyaa!

so many scenes to choose from in the past.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The International - Shootout in the Guggenheim Museum. This clip cuts off way to early, but it's the only one I could find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UdvVY8WuT8

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
oooh, good one, Rich

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Han Solo vs Guido. Big Grin

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Oh jeez, I guess if war scenes count, I should add a scene from Michael Bay's best movie ever, with nary a PG-13 transforming robot in sight.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Not a movie, so a bit of thread drift, but the Raylan Givens gun scenes in the Justified series are quite good, starting with the opening scene, Raylan drawing from a thumb break holster no less:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RjVAWL64hk

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
There's a pretty good gun scene in the new Mission Impossible movie.

SPOILERS BELOW:

Ethan Hunt is in a standoff with 5 or so bad guys in Paris, seemingly unarmed but he whips out a H&K USP (I think?) from what looks like a SOB carry and caps these 5 bad guys, point shooting each one. BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM.

I liked it.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
"No Ace, just you."

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4aI9-g_n_OE" width="725"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Always wondered why he's cocking it?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:

I have always assumed it was simply a continuity error created by a not-so-gun-savvy movie maker attempting to create dramatic effect. Of course, being 12 years old, Gordie may have manually decocked the weapon after firing the first round instead of engaging the manual safety - through this seems less plausible given the tense nature of the scene.

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
One of my absolute favorite movies of all time!

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjFIi3PC2cI

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Lone Survivor, the entire fight.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
"No Ace, just you."

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4aI9-g_n_OE" width="725"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Because it was in the script - dur. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
"No Ace, just you."

He's not familiar with the manual of arms. It differs quite a bit from a phaser.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:

Genius Big Grin

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
From Quigley Down Under, the bucket scene...

https://youtu.be/owbRgx-Skzk

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I’m not on a laptop/desktop where I can embed. Scene from Appaloosa. “You ain’t got no jurdiction here” at which point Ed Harris smacks the cowboy in the mouth with his Colt Revolver. And smashes some teeth out. “Colt makes a heavy firearm, that’s a fact.” My favorite and not a shot fired. 2nd is already posted, Heat, “There already coming out.” I walked outta that film in the theater knowing I would never see something that good again and haven’t to this day. My friend said “It was so long though” Roll Eyes

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post