SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Godzilla vs Kong (2021)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Godzilla vs Kong (2021) Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I thought kt was cool enough for a "free" movie at home.

But I'll watch any of the monster movies at that price, at least once.

No way I'd fork over $20+ to see it in a theater, though, and I'm pleased I didn't.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
The CGI was pretty impressive and for a week night time killer it wasn't bad. I don't really like movies that are non stop over the top action. I give it two and a halve to three stars out of five.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:
Can't wait. The plot will most likely be silly and/or stupid but a chance to watch giant monsters beat the crap out of each other for 2 hours is worth the price of admission.

Coming to HBO Max in March.

This for sure!

Posts: 1768 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Poor Pensacola: Hurricanes, flooding, drug dealer shootouts in the streets. Now Godzilla attacks! I'm lucky to have left last month.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
Saw it last night in the theater (some things with monster critters just need to be seen on the big screen). I believe I was one of three people in the theater. So social distance? Check. First time I've been to a movie in probably a year plus...

Anyhow...I haven't read all of the above...but...spoilers alert:

Plot/Story: Dumb. Godzilla - King of the Monsters was dumb. This is dumber...and consequently don't expect any 'breakthrough' acting.

Buuuuuttttttt....

What you're there for...Kong vs. Godzilla 'Celebrity Death Match' as well as the tag-team battle at the end were lots of fun.

So, check your brain at the door, don't expect any Oscar nominations for script writing, and enjoy the CGI battle royale.

$.02 worth,
Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IT WAS THE LOUDEST MOVIE I RECALL SEEING.

Maybe it was the theater sound system, but I swear my ears were bleeding at the end...but it wasn't enough to keep me from dozing off in the middle.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
Just watched this as well and it was exactly as expected.

Destruction! Big Grin

Are there going to be more?

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1045 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched it on Friday. Have to say the big battle at the end was worth it, and the best part of the movie by far. The big battle at sea was a bit hum-drum IMHO.

The human side stories were 50-50. The subplot that included the little girl who was friends with Kong was fine, I thought. Pretty straightforward, not too sappy, and the humans generally acted like they had a clue.

The other subplot with Millie Bobby Brown was wasted and pretty unbelievable. It seems like they put her (and her father) in the movie just to have a tie to the last film. Their little group benefitted from unbelievably lax security, a lot of luck, and the only thing they did that impacted the story was help defeat a monster using the most what-the? method anyone’s ever seen.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kidcop:
IT WAS THE LOUDEST MOVIE I RECALL SEEING.

Maybe it was the theater sound system, but I swear my ears were bleeding at the end...

Guess you missed the last Resident Evil movie. Big Grin

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
One thing I always loved about the Godzilla movies. The graphics were always so damn realistic.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I talked to a buddy about the fact that I was going to take my kids to see it and he offered to let us come over and watch it on HBO Max. I declined and took my boys to see it at the local IMAX. Its not an amazing story movie and you're weird if you thought it would be but, watching my boys watch the movie was worth every penny I forked over. There is a reason cinemas exist. Also it was damn good to get back to the movies.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post