SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Godzilla vs Kong (2021)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Godzilla vs Kong (2021) Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I can't wait for the sequel where they fight Jason and the Predator.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
If you liked the Godzilla movies or the Kong movie, you'll enjoy the second half of this movie. If you only liked the Kong movie, you'll enjoy parts of the first half and the second half of this movie. If you liked the Godzilla movies, you'll enjoy the second half of this movie.

I liked the first half a lot less than the second half of this movie. That's all I'll say about it.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Never watched any of the modern Godzillas or Kongs but I liked this movie enough that I might check out the other recent movies.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I was about 3 minutes into the movie when the Good Idea Fairy whispered in my ear. So I texted my g/f "Hey, wanna watch Godzilla vs Kong with me?@

I clearly expected to get a "Are you kidding me!?! No!!!" reply.

That's not what I got. So now I have to wait until Saturday to see it.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
About what you would expect. Monster parts good, human parts not so much. Effects were very well done.

I would have preferred more Monster vs Monster action but a fun watch after the pandemic dearth of blockbusters.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Any part of dialog that wasn't basically "OMG those monsters are totally fighting" was crap. I mean, serious archeotechno-stupid babble. I wish these movies would stop trying to take the science of this seriously AT ALL. No need to make it funny or intentionally stupid, just make it like a disaster movie.

But the monster vs. monster action was top notch.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Godzilla 2014 was excellent. The last one had so much CGI debris, it made my head hurt. I have no interest in seeing this one.

Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

Posts: 43 | Registered: March 05, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B Ware:
Godzilla 2014 was excellent. The last one had so much CGI debris, it made my head hurt. I have no interest in seeing this one.

Initial reviews are really positive, especially regarding the final boss battle in Hong Kong.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I detested Godzilla 2014. Kong: Skull Island was ok, except for he human parts. Godzilla KotM was a bad movie, but great monster fights.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I’m half way through. Had to take a break. Kong is pretty cool. Don’t know anything about gojira. But I don’t like any of the characters. Hate all of them. If I finish, it’ll be just to watch Kong fight.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Ok. Finished. Kong is cool but didn’t like the movie. Only satisfying scene was when Kong crushed the heav in his palm. Back to watching The Mummy (for the umpteenth time). I paused that to watch this.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I love The Mummy. The first couple. Not the Tom Cruise crap one.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Ok, just watched it last night.

It was ok. I mean, MOST Godzilla movies are like this (human parts boring; just let me see the monsters fight).

The 'first round' fight at sea was dumb to the point where I just had to tell myself to shut up and enjoy the movie. I mean, I'll start with the naval task force sailing with its ships hundreds of feet apart. Typical 'Navy Recruiting Poster' formation that civilians seem to expect. It just went downhill from there.

I liked the little deaf girl. She was cute. The black conspiracy theory guy was good, as was the girl from the last movie (though she didn't have nearly as much to do this one). The three of them sneaking around was dumb - there is more security in an average Walmart than in that high-tech super-secret facility.

But, in the end, I geeked out HARD at the end right before the final boss fight. It was not Citizen Kane, but it was a good Godzilla movie. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
Kong stuffs a tree in Godzilla’s mouth....

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Not gonna lie, was kinda disappointed. Not sure why, but watching Hong Kong get renovated was kinda "meh". The whole hollow earth thing was kinda stupid as well. The only thing that really stood out was the bad guy's daughter/niece/whatever was hot.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
What got me was that during the Hong Kong fight, there were still people hard at work in the office buildings. Like, "I don't care if Godzilla is attacking the city - he is 3 entire city blocks away. NOW GET BACK TO WORK!!!!"

I like the homage (intentional or not) to the 2002 film Godzilla Against MechaGodzilla.

In that movie (SPOILER ALERT), they built MechaG (called Kiryu) using the skeleton of the first Godzilla, killed by Dr Serizawa's Oxygen Destroyer. The first time Kiryu faces Godzilla, it goes bonkers after hearing Godzilla's roar. Somehow, the DNA in the skeleton causes Kiryu to revert to a feral state, and it goes on to trash the city while Godzilla just yolo's out of there. They have to wait for the power to die before they regain control.

MechaGodzilla has always been my favorite kaiju (yeah, technically he's a machine). This one was by far the most powerful, in that he completely dominated Godzilla. However, my all-time favorite has been, and always will be Kiryu from Godzilla Against MechaGodzilla and the sequel Godzilla: Tokyo SOS. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Streaming service rant. Audio was crap. Had to redline my AVR, 85db. While I was getting some LFE it was limited range, compressed audio per streaming usual. Very annoying to have your expensive AVR turned all the way up and even then dialogue is hard to understand.

The movie itself kind of sucked too. Character development was so limited. Just a bunch of Kong and Zilla screaming, some fighting, the end.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I know these are monster movies. I know what that means.

This was crap. This had nothing to recommend it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Even the Matthew Broderick Godzilla film was better.

There, I said it.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pasound
posted Hide Post
I watched it twice this weekend on HBO. Was better the second time - paid less attention to the humans and more attention to the monsters. It's ok - not great.

Old, stubborn, heavily armed.

Posts: 27 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: January 30, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post