SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Movie- "Land of Mine"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movie- "Land of Mine" Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted
I watched this Danish movie on Amazon PPV the other night and liked it a lot. It's a fact based drama based upon the conscription of 2000 German soldiers (POWs) after VE Day, to remove more than TWO MILLION land mines which were sewn on the beaches of Denmark to prevent the allied invasion that ultimately occurred in Normandy.

Excellent writing, direction, and acting made the issue of subtitles a minor one for me. Beyond the obvious drama of waiting who was going to get blown up next, there's various subplots that I thought were inspiring. I don't want to give away spoilers, but the examination of the sergeant's roles was (IMHO) very well done.

It should be noted that more than half of the prisoners forced into the role of bomb disposal techs (with very little training or support) were maimed or killed outright in the process.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post