SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    New on Amazon Prime: Zerozerozero
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New on Amazon Prime: Zerozerozero Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted
About half way through this new series that tracks a load cocaine. The order is placed by an elderly Italian crime boss who's grandson has other plans for it, the order is supposed to be supplied by a Mexican cartel that involves some very corrupt Federal special forces members (really good shootout scenes if you don't mind the violence), and the facilitators are an American (Played by Gabriel Byrne) assisted by his daughter and MS afflicted son.

Great plot with lots of twists and turns, excellent production values, and this story really carries the viewer to some very exotic places. They didn't spare any expenses for location shoots! I'll probably finish the season (first one) today and eagerly await a second season if one is offered!!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Excellent so far!

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
They coulda sprung for some sights on the rifles, you'll see it when you get there.

But no, overall it's pretty good. It took me a couple episodes to get used to that rewind type thing they do, where they show a scene at the beginning from the middle of the episode somewhere, and then you work your way to it to see what's up. I especially liked the parts in Mexico with the special forces guys.

The ending though, I found very depressing. Sometimes the good guys win, sometimes the bad guys win, and sometimes there really aren't any good guys, just varying degrees of bad.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
They coulda sprung for some sights on the rifles, you'll see it when you get there.

But no, overall it's pretty good. It took me a couple episodes to get used to that rewind type thing they do, where they show a scene at the beginning from the middle of the episode somewhere, and then you work your way to it to see what's up. I especially liked the parts in Mexico with the special forces guys.

The ending though, I found very depressing. Sometimes the good guys win, sometimes the bad guys win, and sometimes there really aren't any good guys, just varying degrees of bad.

Funny thing about the lack of sights on those guns! I didn't see that until the last couple of episodes! Kind of surprising considering how well the show was produced, especially the training sequences.

No spoilers, but I agree with you about the ending too. I'm glad they didn't try and sugarcoat any of these characters. They're all in a dirty business and where that dope goes will see even more blood, misery, and harm done to innocent third parties.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
I watched the whole thing, it's great.
If you have Amazon Prime just watch it.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7629 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just finished and loved it from the start. At one point my wife looked at me and said "is this why we don't go to Mexico?" Binged the series but saved the finale to stand on its own and glad I did. Curious about plans for a second season but not sure how it would work.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
Just finished and loved it from the start. At one point my wife looked at me and said "is this why we don't go to Mexico?" Binged the series but saved the finale to stand on its own and glad I did. Curious about plans for a second season but not sure how it would work.

The most certainly set it up for a second season. The Italians are replaced by Russians, the Leyras are replaced by the Vampires (so I can only presume the Mexico portions will be much more violent and bloody), Emma will again fun the shipment though no hints really as to who will step in to assist her though she seemed to have fixers everywhere she went already so she should be just fine.
I sure hope she finds a new hairstylist and a place to shop for clothing.
I am sure Don Minu will have some sort of appearance in the next season. They also clearly showed Don Minu and Stefano’s boy together the end there to illustrate that he is next in line for the family business.

I doubt we will watch season two. The show was just alright. The scenery was pretty amazing for the most part.
My wife and I both hated way they did the time line each show.
I lost my enjoyment of movies/shows with gratuitous violence years ago. Of course what should one expect in a show about a shipment of cocaine.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
watching it

it's okay

some serious 'suspension of disbelief' required but its better than 90% of what's out there

i like how the plot interweaves and the tense feel the droning music gives off

--------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Just now starting this one. Really digging to find new stuff. So far it’s interesting.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just started watching myself. I watched Narcos and this is a nice addition to the genre,although they are not affiliated.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post