SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite Jimmy Buffett song...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Jimmy Buffett song... Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
I've been a Jimmy Buffett fan (hate the term Parrot Head) since Come Monday back in '74...the lyrics of A Cowboy In The Jungle has pushed (or pulled) me over quite a few hurdles over the years (see my CUT) Smile...so what is your favorite Jimmy Buffett song...if you are a Buffett fan?...

Looking at that video we are both getting long in the tooth Frown Big Grin...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/2SYKxqR3chk

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
There's so many Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cheeseburger in Paradise.
My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink and I Don't Love Jesus.
He Went to Paris.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
Piñacoladaburg. Wink

Warning NSFW - Foul language at beginning of video

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
I come late to my real appreciation of Buffett (I listen to his XM station pretty regularly now).

There are a bunch of good ones of course and I have a number of "favorites", but this one really stuck with me as soon as I heard it.

Chanson Pour Les Petits Enfants

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZawzGne4Kvg

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
A Pirate Looks At 40, He Went To Paris, Changes In Latitude,.... Lots of good ones.

Got to hang out with him one afternoon in a dive bar in Livingston, MT. Me and some friends were driving up to my buddy John's ranch north of there and stopped in for a few beers. The place was empty except for him and the beertender and he was just sitting in the back playing some tunes. We stuck around for a few hours, sang, drank, and generally had a great time. He was a heck of a nice guy.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I have to agree about Pirate.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
I have to agree about Pirate.

my favorite as well!!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Wonder why we ever go home
And
Son of a sailor

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Son of a Son of a Sailor & Margaritaville - because at the lake, they call my wife "the woman to blame" Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My two favorite songs are both from the same album:

Somewhere over China
If I could just get it on paper

Been a Buffett fan since the early 80s, back when none of my friends really knew who he was.

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
It's My Job

Death of an Unpopular Poet

He Went to Paris

Growing Older But Not Up

Pencil Thin Moustache

That's What Living is to Me

Tryin to Reason with Hurricane Season

Pirate Looks at 40, Captain and the Kid, Changes in Latitudes.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan. I've seen him two or three times live. Cowboy in the Jungle, among many.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jhe888,

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
It's close, and I have a lot of his music. But this one always brings a smile.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4ZaGbZUDdk

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
One Particular Harbour, and Boat Drinks, among others others. Like picking a favorite child.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Come Monday without a doubt

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
God's Own Drunk

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
A Pirate Looks at 40 has been a theme song for me for a long time. It's got my favorite Buffett lyric,

"The occupational hazard is, the occupation's just not around."

Been a fan for a long time and I've seen him many times in concert and done many a stupid thing at them. Trying to peel the painted labels off Corona bottles at King's Dominion. Doing summersaults all the way from the top of the grass to the stage at Irvine Amphitheater. Starting a Conga line that everyone on the hill joined in at Fiddler's Green. The all day beach party that started at 9:00AM at the MGM in Las Vegas. Still a bucket list for me to see him play at Red Rocks in Colorado.

My wife has instructions, if I go before her, "Beyond the End" is to be played at my funeral.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Pirate.

Only saw him once, many winters ago. It was in a small concert bar about the time he was touring "Living and Dying in 3/4 Time."

Never became a Parrothead, guess I generally liked the earlier stuff better, but he's a national treasure.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post