SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Fallout 76 announced by Bethesda
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fallout 76 announced by Bethesda Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I am looking forward to the new patch. Hopefully we wont have to wait too much longer.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Just checking in to see how you guys like the new update. I am having fun with it and it is nice to have traders, factions etc. But man I hate the cultist, they die everytime. . . Smile

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the wastelanders update can you play alone through the story or is it still multiplayer?

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3524 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
In the wastelanders update can you play alone through the story or is it still multiplayer?

Both really. You can do all the quests with friends. but some instances of NPC's are private. So it is just you and your team, and not open to the world. Also, I have an NPC at my camp now. And random traders and other random encounters make the place a lot less lonely.
It is not Fallout 4 where you are solo the whole time. I really like the game.

Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
This is on sale at Steam. I am a 100% solo player and love the Fallout world. Has the game progressed enough for someone only interested in soloing?

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can play solo. I do 100% of the time. I just go about my business and ignore other players. Sometimes I'll join an event to get xp and loot but you don't have to interact with anyone else. Surprisingly, I've never been harassed or attacked by another player, which was a big problem with other online open worlds.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3524 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
They have a setting called "pacifist" and if you enable it no one can hurt you. but you can interact and trade etc. I love looking at the others camps and doing events together. It is pretty fun.

quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:
This is on sale at Steam. I am a 100% solo player and love the Fallout world. Has the game progressed enough for someone only interested in soloing?

Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
I have been giving it a try and am enjoying it so far. Level 16.

The only real annoyance is lack of cap generation for selling things. It seems like everything you find is meant to be scrapped.

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:

The only real annoyance is lack of cap generation for selling things. It seems like everything you find is meant to be scrapped.

Yes, that's how you build stuff. You wanna build yourself a sweet camp? You gotta scrap a bunch of typewriters.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:

Do the events and gather up legendary weapons and armor. Also, modding and making things sell pretty well too. But doing the quests and leveling up are the biggest things for getting caps and gathering resources.

What platform do you play on?

Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
I play on PC.

I guess I have to get used to the new gameplay. I am used to the single player fallout games where you can make really good caps selling weapons you collect during your travels. Now it seems weapons are sold for a handful of caps at most. Clothing seems to sell better given the weight than weapons.