SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Fallout 76 announced by Bethesda
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fallout 76 announced by Bethesda Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
Originally posted by xwesler:
I live alone, work 80+ hours/week, and work necessitates keeping people at arms length 90% of the time, so I *love* MMO's because it lets me actually socialize.

Dealing with kids can be a pain, but in most games I find a core group that I BS with throughout it all. Sometimes for years at a time (played with the same Mechwarrior group from when I was 12 to when I was about 25. I don't play anymore but most of us still talk).

This actually interests me a fair bit! Looking forward to more information.

What mechwarrior group?

We went through a couple names with the same people. Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries and up for the most part, as Clan Coyote and then the Kell Hounds (which I believe they still are in MWO.)

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
There is nothing like losing yourself in a game like Skyrim, spending hours just doing some side quests, or realizing you just spent 45 minutes rearranging a virtual house or something.

If I want to play co-op I will play something with my friends, but there is nothing like a deep single player epic game. Its sad to see them going away

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
WORD!!

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I've never played a big multiplayer. Maybe I'll try this one, but I have really enjoyed the single player Fallouts.

Another romp through the post nuclear wasteland may be just more of the same, so this could be a good change.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
I live alone, work 80+ hours/week, and work necessitates keeping people at arms length 90% of the time, so I *love* MMO's because it lets me actually socialize.

Dealing with kids can be a pain, but in most games I find a core group that I BS with throughout it all. Sometimes for years at a time (played with the same Mechwarrior group from when I was 12 to when I was about 25. I don't play anymore but most of us still talk).

What mechwarrior group?

We went through a couple names with the same people. Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries and up for the most part, as Clan Coyote and then the Kell Hounds (which I believe they still are in MWO.)

Ah, I was on mek-tek a fair bit at the time they were expanding mercs. Somehwere on my drive i still have all their alpha tester pac releases.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What mechwarrior group?

Ah, I was on mek-tek a fair bit at the time they were expanding mercs. Somehwere on my drive i still have all their alpha tester pac releases.

I was an NBT guy...and you know how well Mektek and NBT got along towards the end there Roll Eyes

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was on the nbt forums for quite a while. Evilcow, and Jeho liked poking each other with sticks. As they hadd their falling out i was stepping back from playing in league games. I was very active witht he beta and alpha testing of the new packs. I ended up getting band for a Meme about Gwarsbane the admin on mektek.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I’ve only played Fallout 3 and 4. Couldn’t get into the older ones.

I did Fallout 4 several times to see the different endings. Then I quit.

Now, Last of Us, I’ve probably played through two times on PS3 and more than that on PS4’s remastered version (the only reason I bought a PS4).

I only played Uncharted 1. I bought the others but couldn’t get into them.

Anxiously waiting for Last of Us 2.

It better come out on PS4. I don’t want to have to buy another game console.

Same here. Waiting for Last of Us 2. Have remastered, replayed a few.
Currently half way thru Uncharted 4.

Posts: 1892 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Redstone, looks like the Greenbrier is in play! LOL AND MOTHMAN!!!!

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16176 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m going to be really disappointed if I can’t get a banjo as a melee weapon now

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I will get this simply due to all the “iconic” WV stuff in it. The Capitol building, Woodburn Hall, New River Gorge Bridge, Mothman, etc. We’re all wondering if pepperoni rolls will be a craftable item and if there will be a Mystery Hole expansion pack. Big Grin

Posts: 16176 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
All online
Looks like although you can play cooperative that PVP is largely in play
Settlement building anywhere
Nuclear missile silos that can be used to nuke anywhere on the map
Supposed to still have questing/story etc.
Great looking
Trailers feel more like team death match esque to me.

My guess is the PVP will ruin it as it will devolve into just kill the other guy or nuke them for no other reason then cuz/giggles which as far as I’m concerned ruins the story aspect.

For the folks who really loved settlement building and making intricate cool settlements, my guess is the first time some shitheel nukes their settlement they will be done.

Honestly I almost feel like they will alienate the story driven folks, as well as the settlement building folks. I may be wrong but that is my gut reaction.

World of Warcraft did a great job balencing online story/questing etc. with other humans in play.

I am in the wait and see camp.

November 14, 2018 release.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I thought they said you’d have the option to play offline.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Called it, there is the Greenbriar right there in the E3 announcement Smile

But yeah, the "nuke a spot on the map" and " Team Deathmatch" will likely kill the game. Why build if someone just nukes it and/or takes your stuff?

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3574 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Camden Park! LOL

Found this article. Video at the bottom seems to indicate it won't be THAT bad, though I don't like the idea of no NPCs in the solo game. Dozens, not hundreds, running around online.

Article/video

posted Hide Post
I'm extremely disappointed. No NPCs, only vault inhabitants? It's really sad to see a map this big wasted on just vault people. NPCs are what drove the story and what gave quests meaning. I don't want to just run around gathering supplies and being harassed by 13yr olds.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I'm extremely disappointed. No NPCs, only vault inhabitants? It's really sad to see a map this big wasted on just vault people. NPCs are what drove the story and what gave quests meaning. I don't want to just run around gathering supplies and being harassed by 13yr olds.

This + 1000

You get a couple douchbags or snotty kids in your map and the experience goes to shit in a hurry

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Link

It looks like they are at least trying to throw us a bone. I dont know the mechanics involved with multiplayer and NPC's but I hypothesize the two do not mix.

So they are trying to add questing in via terminals and such. Ok. But I played through the flame people (I dont remember the real name) quest 3-4 times before I got the kid to make the right decision and delivered him back to his family. I could care less about the sword, it was the story I was interested in. I dont see that level of engagement in a terminal story.

I didnt build much because it seemed pointless since no one could see it and the NPC's didnt care. They wanted food, water, and safety.

So i like the idea of playing with friends. And they seem to be promising us the ability to lock out the idiots. If you are murdered (killed without engaging) the game seems to have a mechanic for dealing with that as well.

But if my crap is nuked by some 13 year old, that will suck. So who knows.

I look forward to the beta. Meanwhile it has been a while since I played through New Vegas....

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3574 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
Redstone, looks like the Greenbrier is in play! LOL AND MOTHMAN!!!!

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5k6ftcg0TXw?rel=0" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I know, right!

I am really jazzed about the greenbriar and I really hope they have the vault in there. Man that will be so cool.
If I was at Bethesda I would do a promo party / tour package with the greenbriar.
Has anyone done the National Treasure add on tour of Mt. Vernon? It's actually kind of lame but they tell the story of the filming and let you go under the house into the old cellar. Which my girls (and dad) got a real kick out of.

Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Beta release Oct. 23rd.