SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Fallout 76 announced by Bethesda
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fallout 76 announced by Bethesda Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I am still to low level to wear any armor. Frown

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3575 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
Couple things they need to add

1). Ways to “trade in” perk cards....I have several now where I have duplicates that cannot be made bigger....let me swap them...or redeem them for a chance at random ones....something

2). A way to dismantle or sell ammo...I get why ammo cannot be sold...everyone would be filthy rich very quickly...so make it so I can dismantle ammo into components and then rebuild it into something I want.

3). A way to see what a power armor chassis contains...unless there is a way I’m unaware of, currently the only way to see what parts are on a chassis is by putting it down so you can see what parts are already attached...since power armor attached to a chassis only weighs 10 pounds instead of the sum of its total parts, it is essential to store it attached to a chassis...but it sucks having to take them all out to try and figure out what parts I need (helmets and left arms, fwiw...although I have a full suit of 45, 51b and 60)

Perk cards - I agree. Wait til you're level 90 like me..

2 - play with friends, and give them ammo you don't use.

3 - you only need one power armor chassis, and if you're keeping multiple chassis and sets of power armor, you've got too much power armor.

The Excavator power armor is OK, gives bonus carry weight above other power armor.

I recommend just using one frame, with the best pieces you can find, and scrapping any excess power armor parts to potentially get mods.

In the course of the main mission, you will get X-01 plans, which are lighter and more protective in every way than all other power armor. Don't build that X-01 until you can build level 50, and I recommend having "Fix It Good" when you do.

Having multiple frames with different armor on them, is playing 76 as if it were Fallout 4... I had something like 40 extra suits after being all over F4's map, just because. Too much dead weight, man.

Now that the stash is 600, one can keep a variety of guns, and that is good. But numerous suits of power armor? Give those to friends who can use them.

As far as scrap in the stash, you need half as much as you think you do. Bundle it and sell bulk to the traders.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Main reason I’m keeping multiple sets is I’m trying to get level 50 power armor

Right now I am wearing a set of T-60, which is level 40, but I’m starting to find level 45 t-45 stuff, which is actually better than the t-60 baseline stuff

Scrapping it to get mods is a great idea.....

I’ve got the helmet and torso of the excavator built but I need springs.

You’re right, though, I am playing it too much like fallout 4

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
While you will eventually find level 50 armor, just wait to build the X-01 at level 50. You will be given access to the plans.

What level are you now? If at or near level 50, follow the main quest.

The Excavator armor is balanced around level 25, if you're level 40 plus, I wouldn't waste more parts on it, the torso will give you the weight bonus, I don't think you need the whole suit.

It makes sense that it takes a lot of parts to build a suit of power armor, that's why I saved up for the X-01, as you'll need parts to repair it as well.

Perks for power armor:

Fix It Good

Power Patcher

Power User - now that they made power cores last less time

Stabilized - use with heavy guns

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t remember exact level...somewhere around 55?

My problem is I don’t have a camp

I’ve lost two now that disappeared because I made it somewhere someone else did

I need the schematic for the power armor station you get from the excavator armor,...so right now I’m grinding screws...I need like 50 them for the legs and I’m done

I also can’t really decide on my weapon preference..,.i haven’t been using heavy weapons but I might change that

Right now I’m just using rifles

——————————————————

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Your camp is just stored, not disappeared. You haven't "lost" it. If you log into a server where someone has built where you did, you can either log out and log into another server, or just put the camp down elswhere.

Anything you built will be under the "stored" tab, in the build menu. Also, if you build a camp and blueprint it, you don't have to put it down piece by piece.

If you have rebuilt the camp twice without paying attention to the "stored" tab, you will have extra pieces in there that are taking up "budget" without being used. Select those and scrap them once you've built everything you're going to use out of the "stored" tab.

Most everyone I play with has tried to find secluded spots unlikely to be duplicated by another player. Also, playing with a team means you can fast travel free to their camps, so it pays to have people with camps spread out.

If you don't have a group you play with, you can search my name. Sans the 76. Some of us are on most nights, and saturday nights quite a few.

While 76 CAN be played solo, there are many advantages to doing it with friends. Not the least of which is using the stash, workbenches etc. in others bases.

Arc.

posted Hide Post
No I know about the stored tab

The problem is my buildings were built into the landscape And I can’t get it to fit on the side Thor s different hill

It’s also I don’t really enjoy the building. Id rather grind and gather loot

I definitely will consider the team th8ng. The biggest problem I encounter with that is I usually listen to books with my wife while I play which really precludes being on a headset with other players

——————————————————

Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
One of the things that I think can be improved is a marker showing where corpses are after you fell a foe. Trying to remember where all the corpses are to loot them can be a real pain in some terrain and environments, particularly tall grass and foliage, especially when you are trying to fight multiple opponents that are moving around the landscape substantially or trying to create some distance as you fight off a group.

On another note, had a level 107 character come to my camp and give me a bunch of aid items and were very cool, especially since I am only level 8. I'm not using voice so it is very frustrating trying to thank people and communicate with emotes and without chat which is another update they need to desperately make. They used the stash box, some of my workbenches, and then bid farewell and went about their adventuring. Had a second person also come over and evidently wanted to trade and I accepted but there is no way to communicate what they may or may not want to trade for, again frustrating or maybe I just need more practice and familiarity with the trading window.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to point out the whole map is out of whack

I just got to “fort defiance” which is the trans-Allegheny lunatic asylum. Which is in Weston. Where my Dad grew up. Weston is in between Morgantown and Charleston. Basically if West Virginia was a dart board, if you hit the hullseye you would hit Weston

I grew up playing on the grounds of the asylum when we would go back and visit my grandmother (her house was just across the creek)

It’s quite surreal seeing it in a game

My dad was born in Welch, is south east of Charleston. Having to follow the overseer was really strange

The video rendering is amazing. The asylum is quite a building. Bigger than it’s portrayed in the game

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik...gheny_Lunatic_Asylum

——————————————————

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
So who is taking advantage of the infinite carry weight bug?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
I have to point out the whole map is out of whack

I just got to “fort defiance” which is the trans-Allegheny lunatic asylum. Which is in Weston. Where my Dad grew up. Weston is in between Morgantown and Charleston. Basically if West Virginia was a dart board, if you hit the hullseye you would hit Weston

I grew up playing on the grounds of the asylum when we would go back and visit my grandmother (her house was just across the creek)

It’s quite surreal seeing it in a game

My dad was born in Welch, is south east of Charleston. Having to follow the overseer was really strange

The video rendering is amazing. The asylum is quite a building. Bigger than it’s portrayed in the game

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik...gheny_Lunatic_Asylum

Fallout 4 was allegedly in Massachusetts. Can I tell you about the map errors?

Arc.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
So who is taking advantage of the infinite carry weight bug?

Only immoral douchenozzles.

Arc.

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I hit level 72 last night.
And Killed the Queen Scorchbeast.

I didn't die but I went through every stimpak I had.
Which was around 28. Brutal.

I keep the excavator armor for one thing.
Out exploring and picking up things, I need the extra 100 lbs.

I have passive mode on.
No more assholes raping me for loot.

But it is a game for playing with a pack of friends.

Just a few more bugs to fix, and perk cards trade in or something and I would be happy.

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I haven't bothered gathering the codes and doing the queen yet. Figured I'd wait for friends to be higher level.

How many times were you "raped for loot?" I got killed twice by some random guy, I don't know if anyone else I know has really had a problem with random asshats.

I make a point of slaying anyone with a "Wanted" tag, in hopes of reinforcing good behavior.

At least if another player kills you, all you lose is some scrap. Then they've earned themselves a wanted tag, and run the risk of someone like me opening the map and deciding I'm not doing anything important.

The way it's set up, it's pretty hard for players to grief someone, without making themselves a server wide target.

Arc.

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
I haven't bothered gathering the codes and doing the queen yet. Figured I'd wait for friends to be higher level.

How many times were you "raped for loot?" I got killed twice by some random guy, I don't know if anyone else I know has really had a problem with random asshats.

I make a point of slaying anyone with a "Wanted" tag, in hopes of reinforcing good behavior.

At least if another player kills you, all you lose is some scrap. Then they've earned themselves a wanted tag, and run the risk of someone like me opening the map and deciding I'm not doing anything important.

The way it's set up, it's pretty hard for players to grief someone, without making themselves a server wide target.

It got bad on the Xbox for a while.
It probably happened to me 4 or 5 times, always when I wasn't doing missions but gathering components.

It isn't a problem now.....

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The biggest problem I’ve had lately is much lower level players following me in somewhere where the enemies are scaled to me. Inevitably they walk in the line of fire and I end up wanted

Arc, I’m Kevbeara on ps4. I’d love to play with someone at some point. Wife and books allowing

I love the game. It’s Fallout. I so rarely encounter other players and almost all of them are cool. The only griefing I encounters was a group of guys waiting in ambush for supply drops near flatlands. They would wait for the lower level characters to come get the drops and then kill them. I fell victim to that. But that was early on

At some point I’m going to go start finding treasure maps. I am doing enclave stuff right now

It’s interesting to hear about the geography in fallout 4 in Mass.

Fallout 3 outside of DC was pretty true to geographical locations. I mean obviously the distances were compressed, but the locations in Virginia and Maryland were where they were supposed to be relative to DC

Interesting

——————————————————

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I'm on PC, pretty sure all the platforms are separate.

Ambushing people at supply drops hardly seems worth it, since it generates wanted bounty. But, people are dumb.

I recently moved my base to where a junk pile is, so I can have a junk mine going while I play. We'll see if anyone had the same idea when next I log in.

Arc.

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm on PC, pretty sure all the platforms are separate.

Ambushing people at supply drops hardly seems worth it, since it generates wanted bounty. But, people are dumb.

I recently moved my base to where a junk pile is, so I can have a junk mine going while I play. We'll see if anyone had the same idea when next I log in.

Thats a really great idea.
Was there water near it?

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:
quote:

Thats a really great idea.
Was there water near it?

No, this is the north, near the crashed space station. Actually, the Alien Blaster spawns outside my base.

Arc.

Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I guess I am done. at least for today.

I am trying to work my way through the main quests and I just cant. I have started the Keys to the past and I am just on the Blackwater Bandit password deal.

Three times it has 'disconnected me' and when I spawn back in it is outside of the mine. and I have to kill all those stupid miners again. this last time, EVERY SINGLE one was glowing something or other.
I get back inside the mine and I have glowing rad roaches, then the glowing miners to kill for the third time. I have only made it to glowing boss guarding the terminal twice and died. I have no weapons, grenades, mines, nothing left. all my stims are used up. Every single bad guy I face is 40+ I am only a 20.

I tried wandering and exploring and doing side quests but kept coming across scorch beast or something. I am frustrated because I cant build, I cant use what I find as almost everything is above me, its just incredibly infuriating.

so I realized today I am not having fun anymore. I dont know how you guys are leveling up so High. I am finding it tedious and infuriating. I have two LUCK slots, but no cards to fill them so they just sit there.

And now the power cores are draining really fast for some reason. did the nerf them?

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3575 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post