SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Fallout 76 announced by Bethesda
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fallout 76 announced by Bethesda Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
http://m.ign.com/articles/2018...fallout-76-announced

Vault 76 was one of the normal vaults that they didn’t use for experiments. Hints at a WV location.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I saw the title and was very excited. Then I clicked the link and read this:

quote:
Kotaku reports that its sources say Fallout 76 will be an online game, and is a co-development between Bethesda's core Maryland studio and its Austin office. Perhaps that makes it the "bleeding-edge AAA freemium game" we saw was in development last year?

Now I'm worried.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Hints at a WV location.

Hopefully the Supermutants in Morgantown will throw burning couches at the player. Big Grin

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
I saw the title and was very excited. Then I clicked the link and read this:

quote:
Fallout 76 will be an online game

Now I'm worried.

Ditto.

I love Fallout, but if it's an online RPG, no thanks.

Much like the Elder Scrolls Online. I'm a huge Elder Scrolls fan, but that was a hard pass from me.

There are too many great single player games, and too many idiots/assholes/little kids in online games, for me to bother wasting my time.

I occasionally tolerate some online FPSs, but FPS games are typically easy to drop in/out of, if you get stuck with aforementioned undesirable online denizens. And even then, I have to make liberal use of the "Mute" button on voice chat.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Single player is a dying genre.

Everything is moving to online multiplayer. It killed the Mass Effect series, which was a single player experience until they made part 3 and killed it. Knights of the Old Republic was a single player series, but went online multiplayer. Elder Scrolls, which I have been playing since Arena, now going multiplayer.

EA just killed a major Star Wars game because it was single player.

They want multiplayer loot crate micro transaction BS

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I absolutely despise online RPGS. Elder Scrolls ruined the Skyrim experience for me. I just wanted a new Fallout in a different location with a bigger map and new people and monsters. No online BS, no loot crates and no social interaction. I just want to explore and kill monsters, all by myself. Is that to much to ask?

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 man co op with someone on my FL would be great but I don’t care to have a bunch of randoms running around in my game. May have to pass on this one.

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Some games I prefer single player. I will wait and see.

The next Call of Duty will have no campaign mode. It looks like that’s the way of the future. This way they can have micro transactions galore.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I play games to lose myself in an interactive movie or world. I don’t generally want online l, I want sold single player. If I want to twitch shoot with no story.....I will go to the range and do it for real.

I LOVE fallout. Hell I started with Wasteland. (The original one) I really hope they don’t take away my single player Fallout experience.

Lord the Last of Us was EPIC. Most of the Uncharted’s were Epic. I replay those much the same way I will rewatch Raiders of the Lost Ark. There are so many others. Grand Theft Auto V was a great HEAT video game experience. There are so many others, but for me this goes all the way back to Wasteland which had a great world and story. I really hope single player doesn’t die out.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
So they're finally gonna kill it with FOOL. The age of hopping 13 year old racists has come to Fallout. It's been a good run.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
An online RPG?

NO fucking WAY will I bother with that, and I love me some Fallout.

I'll just keep playing New Vegas over and over, with occasional Tactics playthroughs.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I play games to lose myself in an interactive movie or world. I don’t generally want online l, I want sold single player. If I want to twitch shoot with no story.....I will go to the range and do it for real.

I LOVE fallout. Hell I started with Wasteland. (The original one) I really hope they don’t take away my single player Fallout experience.

Lord the Last of Us was EPIC. Most of the Uncharted’s were Epic. I replay those much the same way I will rewatch Raiders of the Lost Ark. There are so many others. Grand Theft Auto V was a great HEAT video game experience. There are so many others, but for me this goes all the way back to Wasteland which had a great world and story. I really hope single player doesn’t die out.

Me too, I'm in the old man gaming camp also. I played the original Wasteland like crazy, the original Bards Tale, etc. (I owned the original PONG, and was playing even pre-Atari 2600)

The days of epic single player games is coming to an end. Might not be tomorrow, but you can see the trend coming.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I’ve only played Fallout 3 and 4. Couldn’t get into the older ones.

I did Fallout 4 several times to see the different endings. Then I quit.

Now, Last of Us, I’ve probably played through two times on PS3 and more than that on PS4’s remastered version (the only reason I bought a PS4).

I only played Uncharted 1. I bought the others but couldn’t get into them.

Anxiously waiting for Last of Us 2.

It better come out on PS4. I don’t want to have to buy another game console.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m gonna give this one a big giant nope if it’s online. This is truly an example of if it isn’t broke don’t fix it

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
It will be disappointing if it is an mmorpg. Now if there is some online coop component to the single player that would be great.

I think it is a little too early to be talking features. They just put out the tease.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:
It will be disappointing if it is an mmorpg. Now if there is some online coop component to the single player that would be great.

I think it is a little too early to be talking features. They just put out the tease.

Keeping fingers crossed.

This is my thinking as well. Friends and I have always wanted a co op Fallout. Being online won’t ruin it for me if it’s implemented right. Still too early to tell.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018...means-for-fallout-76

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I have always liked oxhorn, and he seems pretty excited. I am pretty interested but we will see . . .

Also, if it is "DC area" and it is "In West Virginia" I wonder if they visited the Greenbriar in WV? My wife and I visited and did the tour Late last year.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3575 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
What you're talking about is exactly why I play EVE. Way too tedious for the 13yo crowd.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live alone, work 80+ hours/week, and work necessitates keeping people at arms length 90% of the time, so I *love* MMO's because it lets me actually socialize.

Dealing with kids can be a pain, but in most games I find a core group that I BS with throughout it all. Sometimes for years at a time (played with the same Mechwarrior group from when I was 12 to when I was about 25. I don't play anymore but most of us still talk).

This actually interests me a fair bit! Looking forward to more information.

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xwesler:
I live alone, work 80+ hours/week, and work necessitates keeping people at arms length 90% of the time, so I *love* MMO's because it lets me actually socialize.

Dealing with kids can be a pain, but in most games I find a core group that I BS with throughout it all. Sometimes for years at a time (played with the same Mechwarrior group from when I was 12 to when I was about 25. I don't play anymore but most of us still talk).

This actually interests me a fair bit! Looking forward to more information.

What mechwarrior group?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post