SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Fox Considering Bringing Back "Last Man Standing" After Success Of "Roseanne" Revival
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fox Considering Bringing Back "Last Man Standing" After Success Of "Roseanne" Revival Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
This would be amazing if it was what Roseanne Barr did that brings back one of my favorite shows. I always thought that was complete bullshit how ABC axed this show even through the ratings were good for it:

FOX CONSIDERING BRINGING BACK TIM ALLEN'S 'LAST MAN STANDING' AFTER 'ROSEANNE' SUCCESS

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
You can just imagine the boardroom meetings at these networks:

Liberal Executive #1: "Wait... You mean Conservatives watch TV too?"

Liberal Executive #2: "Yeah! And I heard they make up around 50% of the population! Who'd have thought?"

Liberal Executive #3: "Just imagine... All those untapped viewers. We've discovered a goldmine!"

Posts: 32503 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the show and was watching it at 0400hrs this morning.

I usually watch it on the tv at the gym while I run on the treadmill.

It is one of my favorite shows and I always looked forward to Friday night.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Yes a lot of people tuned in to Roseanne, but probably just for curiousity. Many won't be tuning in again.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Yes a lot of people tuned in to Roseanne, but probably just for curiousity. Many won't be tuning in again.

I wouldn't be so sure of that.

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Allen should make them pay out their ass.

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope they can bring back the same cast.

Yea, since Trump became President all sorts of lefty shows came out of the ashes.

Will & Grace, in addition to their original running on OTA TV. Same with Murphy Brown on OTA TV. The left really needed these back to deal with their mental anguish over the Hildebeast's stunning loss.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Vanessa Baxter is my favorite tv wife by a land slide. Besides the show has a great name! Cool

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8527 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
Allen should make them pay out their ass.

To be fair, it wasn’t Fox that had and killed “Last Man Standing”. It was on ABC and they are the ones who pulled the plug.

Would love to see Fox pick it up and slaughter ABC in the ratings wherever they put it.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10936 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never got around to watching it on ABC. It sounds like something I would like. After reading about the bullshit reason for the cancellation I will make a point to catch it on Fox now.

'Last Man Standing' resurfaces at Fox, a year after ABC canceled it

Fox has picked up ABC castoff Last Man Standing, the family comedy starring Tim Allen that was canceled last spring after six seasons.

The series, which stars Allen as Mike Baxter, a married father of three girls trying to "maintain his manliness," was the subject of protests when ABC pulled the plug, as fans claimed the network was punishing Allen for his conservative political stance. ABC denied it, and instead blamed higher costs. The Disney-owned network has since revived Roseanne, whose star Roseanne Barr is an avowed Trump supporter, to ratings success.

Last Man was never beloved by critics, but the comedy was a solid performer, averaging 8.3 million viewers with delayed viewing counted in its final season and ranking as ABC's No. 2 comedy behind Modern Family.

“Team LMS was in the sixth inning, ahead by four runs, stands were packed and then for no reason, they call off the game," said Allen in a statement, alluding to ABC's cancellation. "It leaves you sitting in the dugout, holding a bat and puzzled. Now we get the news from Fox that it’s time to get back out on that diamond – hell yes, I’m excited! When I heard the offer to create more episodes of Last Man Standing, I did a fist pump so hard I threw my back out. I could not be more grateful for the fans who wrote petitions and kept up the passion and incredible support for the show."

Fox says original cast members Nancy Travis, Jonathan Adams, Amanda Fuller, Christoph Sanders and Jordan Masterson will also return. It did not say whether the show will return in the fall or later next season, nor did it say how many episodes would be produced, although a full season of 22 installments is expected.

Fox's sibling 20th Century Fox Television studio owns the Allen comedy, a big factor in the decision to revive the series, which has aired 130 episodes. (Ironically, the studio is due to be acquired by Disney). To make room, Fox canceled Brooklyn Nine-Nine, angering fans of that NBC-owned series, along with The Last Man on Earth and The Mick.

Posts: 89 | Location: North Texas | Registered: August 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
^^^^Just saw this news and I am actually excited about television again. My wife and daughter share my enthusiasm for the show and we have watched all the episodes (and the re-runs) together as a family. Great show and I am glad it's coming back Big Grin

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
My wife liked the show and watches the reruns. She's looking forward to the revival.

I was more of a Tim the Toolman fan.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19656 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I hope they can get all of the cast members back, it would stink to have to write major characters out of the show.

King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Very excited for this. I used to watch it a lot on Netflix. I can't seem to find it anymore and I don't believe they ever put the final 2 seasons on it. Fucking pissed me off.

Of the actors/actresses listed, it doesn't say whether or not Mandy and Eve will be back. I hope so, I found them very funny.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2444 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
Well that's good news. It was a nice family show, an old fashioned sitcom.

I hope Hector Elizondo comes back. I really enjoyed his character.

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Tim Allen has been posting the blooper reels for Last Man Standing on his YouTube page. Many seasons are broken up into multiple parts and each part is uploaded separately a few days after the previous. I've been watching them since he started doing it a couple weeks ago. He's on Season 4 now. I wondered if he was doing it as a way to garner attention for the possible acquisition by Fox.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We’ve watched all the way through twice on Netflix. Needless to say, we loved the show and all of the characters. We thought it was very well cast even though Tim Allen could carry about any show just by himself.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post