SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    New Jack Ryan Series on Amazon Prime
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Jack Ryan Series on Amazon Prime Login/Join 
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndyRob:
Schriber played Clark, not Ryan.

And he sucked as Clark.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
quote:

And he sucked as Clark.

Seriously? I thought he was much better than Defoe, who I felt was totally wrong for the part.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
quote:

And he sucked as Clark.

Seriously? I thought he was much better than Defoe, who I felt was totally wrong for the part.

I think it is like trying to make a decision on which is worse, late stage cancer or being shot in the face with a shotgun. I don't think either actor measured up to the minds eye of what Clancy described Clark (Kelley).

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The tough thing for me is that we're getting to where the Ryanverse is getting to be 30 years old and it will be tough to see the character in a modern reboot.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the characters Krasinski plays. He does well in action roles.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
Krasinki did very well in 13 Hours. Well enough for me to give him slack and see how he developes.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
It is out now. Frick me, busiest weekend I have had in a long time and I cannot afford to take time to binge it. argh, the suffering is real people, it is real. Wink

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I'm watching the pilot now. So far I'm digging it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
Watched the pilot this morning and enjoyed it. Reserving judgement on the series until I’ve seen a couple more.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, wasn't Ryan a graduate of the Naval Academy? I think in the series he says Boston College.

And Greer is a Muslim?

I haven't read the books so I may not be privy to many of these details.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I decided to watch the pilot at ~2200 last night before going to bed then finished the series about 0600. Frown

I enjoyed it and thought it was very well done.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Hmmm, wasn't Ryan a graduate of the Naval Academy? I think in the series he says Boston College.

And Greer is a Muslim?

I haven't read the books so I may not be privy to many of these details.

I think both in the books and the show, went to BC, but taught at the Naval Academy. In both he was a Marine and was injured in a helicopter crash....though the Ryan in the show apparently doesn't share much of the book Ryan's fear of flying. I'm curious how he could have been a Marine (officer or otherwise), deploy to Afghanistan, recuperate from a helo crash, get a doctorate and then work for the CIA for 4 years.

Another difference is Cathy Mueller (the future wife) is an epidemiologist on the show, not an optometrist...or whatever eye doctors are called...as she is in the books. Her dad dislikes Ryan in both, IIRC.

Haven't noticed anything pointing to Greer being a Muslim though.

Oh wait....the scene in the second episode just happened. LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I hear Greer, and I hear James Earl Jones in my head.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
In the movies Ryan is a USNA grad, but the books I think he is a BC grad

(Remember in the hunt for red October when the Captain doesn’t like him wearing the uniform, and the admiral played by Fred Thompson asks if the captain saw the ring on his finger...”academy, class of 78...)

I am looking forward to this series

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Watched the first two episodes and I am diggin it

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Why does he have to lie about being an analyst? I imagine WHAT he analyzes might be a no-no to talk about, as is his latest escapades in Yemen and France....but the whole logistics thing seems silly.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Just starting it now but NO WAY will I binge-watch the whole thing. Cool

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Just watched the first episode - America the bad guys yet again. I'm done.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7629 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Binged it. Enjoyed it.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
Just finished it.

It was good, I enjoyed it.

I don't think any part of it was too far over the top as to not be entertaining or unbelievable. Which is something I always liked about Clancy's stories.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post