SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    New Jack Ryan Series on Amazon Prime
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Jack Ryan Series on Amazon Prime Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I watched the trailer it is going to be tough.

Jim is Jim and always will be Jim no matter how good a show he is now in.

Same with Tony Soprano, while a good actor James was always and will always be Tony to me and takes away from all I have seen him in.

I have to admit I was wrong. We finished this up last night and enjoyed it and thankfully I did not see Jim as the character.
Not the greatest show ever but certainly hoping for a season 2.

We watched an episode and evening after the kids were in bed so I did not analyze the thing as much as some folks.

--------------------------------------
When I die put my ashes in the trash bag I don't care where they go. Don't waste your money on my gravestone; I'm more concerned about my soul. Everybody is going to die but don't everybody live though. Sometimes I look up to the sky and wonder do you see us down here Oh, Lord?
NF

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard

Posts: 19730 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw somewhere on the web that there is a season 2 cast that has been signed. I'm hoping they follow through with another seasons.
SPOILER BELOW

What's going to happen in Russia? We need season 2 to find out.

Posts: 3056 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Not loving it. Watchable, but Jack Ryan as a pussy is not flying with me.

I was prepared to hate Jim Greer as a Muslim, but at least he has a pair.

The drone pilot is definitely in the wrong line of work. He might want to look into a career as a WalMart greeter or something. I am curious to see how his trip to Syria is going to work out for him tho.

I don't think Tom Clancy would approve.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 11057 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Finished the series last night.

I liked it. It might help that I'm not familiar with the Clancy books.

It might help also that I'm unfamiliar with the DC area.

My guess on the drone guy is they are building him up for next season.

It was entertainment and met my expectations as entertainment.

Posts: 7274 | Location: Sunset Highway MP37, then turn South | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Not loving it. Watchable, but Jack Ryan as a pussy is not flying with me.

I was prepared to hate Jim Greer as a Muslim, but at least he has a pair.

The drone pilot is definitely in the wrong line of work. He might want to look into a career as a WalMart greeter or something. I am curious to see how his trip to Syria is going to work out for him tho.

I don't think Tom Clancy would approve.

Kinda thought Jack Ryan was always a "pussy." He was never really written or portrayed as man of action so much as doing what was forced on him. Analyst, policy maker, so on... John Clark (John T. Kelly) was Clancy's do all bad man working in the shadows.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2106 | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Just finished binge watching it, and I really enjoyed it. I also don't think Krasinski is the best casting choice, but I can live with it. Not much relation to Jack Ryan from the books, but a very enjoyable show.I'm in for Season 2 when it comes.

Posts: 5090 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post