SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Warming up for Season 4 of The Man in the High Castle
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warming up for Season 4 of The Man in the High Castle Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
And did I miss what happened to Childan's gay friend?
No, my guess is he likely shirked off to the Neutral Zone after S3 finale, but yes he and several other minor plot lines fall off (the people they knew at the Jewish colony - although you can guess they were on the run after S4E1 when the Reich moved on Denver).

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
So many potential spin-offs now. LOL Kido, Childan, what happens to the American Reich now, etc. etc.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16176 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Seems to me to be begging for another season or five.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So it didn’t end how I expected. I didn’t dislike the ending but it really left things to the viewer.

Loved the series. Agree that it is ripe for more seasons or a spinoff

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Give it a couple of weeks, then let's discuss the ending. LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16176 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Maybe the ending was anti-climactic, or just right. Depends on the viewer.

Certainly fewer loose ends then other shows I've enjoyed. And let's not forget, PKD was on A LOT of drugs when he made all this shit up we now try to re-create through visual media.

Me, I liked it and think it should just be left alone so I can watch it again sometime - or not.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Finished up Season 4 this weekend - so looking forward to discussing it and the ending (separate spoiler thread, maybe? Big Grin).

The ending was interesting to say the least - it didn't go where I thought it would - but I think was still a good ending after having time to think it over.
(And some folks pointing out little nuggets in previous episodes I'd forgotten about that help frame things.) Big Grin

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I just started the series last night. I have to say, the initial feelings I had were extreme discomfort and rage. Hard to wrap my head around the theme.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I think the ending was an extreme letdown...not what happened, but how it happened and how it was presented.

Everything up to there was fantastic, but the ending really seemed thrown together with much less care than the rest of it. I don't know if that was on purpose, but after how tight the rest of it was, to have no realistic reactions from all the people to the events just didn't make sense.

Posts: 3653 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
The ending to me felt like an ending written under a time restriction. I.E.: "Shit guys we only have 10 minutes left in the last episode, how the hell do we wrap all this up?"

I agree that this could have benefited from either another season or a few more episodes.

Posts: 6337 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I just finished season 3 last night and look forward for seeing 4. I'm a little disappointed reading some of the comments here though.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally got around to finishing the series. A bit underwhelmed, thought they could've tacked-on a few more episodes to put a bow on it.

Wasn't thrilled with the BCR, felt if they were going to insert a Marcus Garvey-Black liberation guerrilla group, they'd have done it earlier. By having them become a major part of S.4, it undermined the resistance storyline that was already established.

The very last seen, where people from other parallel worlds are walking through the portal...why? Why would these people willingly walk through another portal as if they're walking through the park, odd.
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
And did I miss what happened to Childan's gay friend?

I believe he falls in love or, at least takes an interest in a guy in Denver after joining the resistance. I'm assuming he's killed after the American-Reich start invading chunks of the Neutral Zone.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I finally got caught up to the series finale and thought it was well done but rushed as Amazon had cancelled the series it turns out.

Did anyone happen to see the name of the high ranking American Reich General they had the recording of him scoffing to his wife “Thousand Year Reich, my ass!”? They had his file open with official photo, I froze the video to read the top of it:

General Omar Bradley

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post