SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Warming up for Season 4 of The Man in the High Castle
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warming up for Season 4 of The Man in the High Castle Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
It just dawned on me that Gina, the prostitute (I assume) that Chief Inspector Kido is so into, is Tanis on Letterkenny. LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16176 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know exactly what time they are released? My understanding is that it will be Friday, but what time?

Posts: 85 | Location: Between Maryland and Virginia | Registered: October 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
I'm still hoping it turns into Red Dawn where the citizens turn on the Japanese/Nazis and just start destroying them.

Posts: 6337 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I’d like to see some serious fighting back too. The premise is disturbing enough. It would be nice to have a viable force come out of the hinterlands and wreak havoc.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
The show takes place something like 15 years after the end of the alternate WW2, so any overt resistance is pretty minimal and rapidly squashed when detected. There are several references (on the Reich East Coast side) of an organized resistance "army" that meets its end at the Battle of Dayton (notable casualties include John Wayne).

Posts: 16176 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I really like how they are using the actual hardware like rifles the Japanese were using in the 1960's in our reality.

The regular troops still seem to have WWII rifles but the more elite ones have these:

Howa Type 64

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah rewatching 1, 2, and 3 in prep.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
I'm still hoping it turns into Red Dawn where the citizens turn on the Japanese/Nazis and just start destroying them.
I think we’ll finally get our wish this season...

War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
I'm stoked!

I only started watching MITHC last year, but I got hooked quick. It will be really interesting to see how they wrap everything up.

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
I think we’ll finally get our wish this season...

At least to a degree. I have to wonder how, in that situation, you could throw off Nazi rule. I can see Smith possibly steering the "American Nazis" off course with what I imagine the "European Nazis" want.....but even then, that'd be a mess cuz I'm sure there are plenty of Americans who would still support the true Nazis on the east coast.

I kinda think the only real solution is the destruction of this specific alternate world. Juliana said something about this reality throwing things out of balance, so maybe a nice atomic holocaust is just what is needed to restore that. LOL

Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
If Amazon doesn't offer this as a boxed set, I am gonna be pissed.

Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
It's up now I see on Prime.

Season 4 (final season) 10 Episodes.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I forced myself to stop at 8. I'll enjoy 9 and 10 tomorrow.

Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
3 episodes in, probably watch a 4th before I go to bed tonight.

Posts: 3653 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I love the little details. Ep 9, Helen Smith goes to the Charles B. Davenport Women's Clinic.

Charles Davenport was a prominent American eugenicist.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I am enjoying this season. I am 4 eps in and I believe I can see exactly how it will end. I have really enjoyed this show and most of the actors are really stand outs for me.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finished it this weekend, I won't spoil it for anyone but it seems to finish up in true Man in the High Castle fashion.

Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I was kinda let down by the last 5 minutes or so.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
Honestly, I was kinda let down by the last 5 minutes or so.
It wasn't what I expected and sorta agree to a degree.

But apparently the book ends kind of ambiguously and it seems like that is what the directors were going for (from a ComicCon interview in the summer). (no spoilers in the video)

One thing I missed in S4 was Tagomi, even in dream / vision form. He was a favorite of mine.

Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Well....I have questions. LOL

Lots of moral ambiguity. Kido and Smith both were more sympathetic.

And did I miss what happened to Childan's gay friend?

Wow. Watched that video...hearing Sewell's and de la Fuente's actual voice is kinda trippy. And Horsdal...looks entirely different.