SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Last Season Of The Americans
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Last Season Of The Americans Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
... I can’t believe Philip and Elizabeth will be welcomed by the KGB.

Indeed. I was prepared to see them shot in their car at the crossing.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I don't think they would be welcomed in Russia after killing the KGB agent who tried to assasinate the START team member. Refusing the job might have been enough to get you killed, but killing the agent would have nixed any chance for a happy return to mother russia.

I understand leaving the boy and hoping he'll make it. Paige getting off the train was stupid and fits in perfectly with the stupid way she acted through most of the series.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
... I can’t believe Philip and Elizabeth will be welcomed by the KGB.

Indeed. I was prepared to see them shot in their car at the crossing.

I was expecting this after they crossed the border.

When he asked for the car to stop and they stepped out, I couldn’t make out the place they were looking at. I didn’t think it was Lenin’s square; so I thought it might have been a gulag that they knew they were coming to.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paige might be all right. I don't think they have any evidence she was involved. Stan is the only one who knows for sure, and he can't exactly explain how he knows without getting himself in trouble.

I was also waiting for Philip and Elizabeth to be shot by a less than friendly KGB. I kept expecting the car to pull over in an empty field with Claudia and a few other agents standing there. Or maybe he pulls up to a gulag and we see them being hauled inside. I guess it depends on whether the hard-liners or the Gorbachev supporters get to them first.

It seems to me the writers didn't want to piss anybody off, so they left it so you could write your own ending. They also left a lot of room for a spin-off series or some movies.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best series ever. Loved the ending.

Posts: 5732 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
There may be some confusion. They were met in Russia by Ivanovich, the head of the KGB. In an earlier show, he was the one who was pro Gorbachev and wanted to stop any attacks on the summit. The man who met Elizabeth in Mexico was military not KGB.

Claudia had said something to the effect that some in the KGB were opposed to Gorbachev, but not all.

Seems to me the KGB would be very pleased with their actions.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
There may be some confusion. They were met in Russia by Ivanovich, the head of the KGB. In an earlier show, he was the one who was pro Gorbachev and wanted to stop any attacks on the summit. The man who met Elizabeth in Mexico was military not KGB.

Claudia had said something to the effect that some in the KGB were opposed to Gorbachev, but not all.

Seems to me the KGB would be very pleased with their actions.

Important point for those thinking about P&E's future. They've lost their kids, their new old country faces nothing but trouble but they should be part of the in-crowd and do o.k. If there were to be a follow-up of some sort, the groundwork has been laid.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
I feel like they didn't pay enough of a price, particularly Elizabeth. Leaving their kids behind to a better life was not punishment enough. WOuld have been better had their innocent child, Henry, gotten caught up in their activities despite their efforts to insulate him, and died as a direct result. Missed opportunity, IMO.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10350 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post