SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Last Season Of The Americans
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Last Season Of The Americans Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
Anything short of a spectacular ending will be a HUGE disappointment.
All the ducks are lining up in a row, its up to the writers to make this the greatest ending any series has ever had.
I hope they pull it off.

How about the Soviet Union collapses and the Berlin Wall comes down Big Grin

We are about 3 years away from the fall of the Berlin wall, so not unless they want to do another major time jump.

I could see them devoting some time in the last episode to that showing the reactions of anyone left alive, but they definitely need some immediate resolution to Philip and Elisabeth, especially Elizabeth. I would like to see Paige's reaction to the wall coming down, assuming she is still alive.

Philip might make it through this if Elizabeth gets killed (and disposed of) or leaves, and Philip completely gives up the spy work.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I never thought Elizabeth would soften her stance.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^ They'd been hinting at it with her relationship with and care for the painter, but also ramping up her psychopath persona.

Looks like ultimately her choices will be about loyalty to the party/public face of the party, i.e., Gorbachev.

Philip's line about the fact that he and her are ultimately responsible for their actions, regardless of orders, carried a lot of weight.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Philip's line about the fact that he and her are ultimately responsible for their actions, regardless of orders, carried a lot of weight.

^^^^^^

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New possible ending.

Elizabeth kills Claudia to save the negotiator, but is mortally wounded.
Phillip finds her as she dies. With the FBI closing in, he takes her cyanide capsule.

"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
**spoiler**

SHTF, go bag time!

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Runnin' for the border.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Next week will definitely be interested. I am kind of surprised Elizabeth did not torch the house.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
From the preview of Stan wanting to kill them, I now agree. With all the Americans killed by this group they all should die, and the "good guys", Americans live, all except the son at college.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
During the face to face with Claudia, I thought sure that Elizabeth was going to plink her.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Another decent ending scenario would be that they make it to Canada and back to the USSR, only to look around and say, "This is what we've been fighting for?"

Then, massive amounts of regret set in.

Screen fades to black....

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
I think Stan will catch Elizabeth and kill her, while Phillip will somehow escape out of the country. Paige is the wildcard and I'm not sure how that will pan out.

Just one episode to go!

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
The Jennings find sanctuary at Oberlin College and go on to become beloved Poly Sci professors, short-tracked to tenure.

Martha can only find a couple dusty beets at the food store, shuffles back to her dingy hole in the wall, slits her wrists with a busted bottle.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Big Grin

teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I don't think she should have told her what she did and I agree, I thought she was going to "plink" her.

quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
During the face to face with Claudia, I thought sure that Elizabeth was going to plink her.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
One wild card here is Burov whose story has to play out, right? Phil and Elizabeth have karmic debts but so does Stan who killed one of Burov's cohorts in less than sporting fashion.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Another decent ending scenario would be that they make it to Canada and back to the USSR, only to look around and say, "This is what we've been fighting for?"

Then, massive amounts of regret set in.

Screen fades to black....

That would be a great ending.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

I also thought she was going to do the kid the week before.

- Benjamin Franklin

Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
I was a huge fan of the series early on, but I lost a lot of interest during seasons 4 and then 5 as they seemed to drag on for me. This season totally reinvigorated me and the series. I have been watching anxiously every week like I did in the beginning. I can't wait for next week.

Posts: 478 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxdave:
I think Stan will catch Elizabeth and kill her, while Phillip will somehow escape out of the country. Paige is the wildcard and I'm not sure how that will pan out.

Just one episode to go!

Then Phillip goes back to Russia, finds Martha, and lives out the rest of his life as Clark. Wink

- Benjamin Franklin