SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite Bugs Bunny character from your youth...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Bugs Bunny character from your youth... Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Daffy Duck. We weren't too concerned about offending anyone when I was a kid. This one was made during WWII and shown on tv in the 50s, maybe into the 60s too. I was surprised at how clearly I remembered it.

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
I thought I knew which was my favorite...until I read this thread and was reminded of all the great characters. Then I realized I loved 'em all, and still do. What great memories, what great creative work these writers and artists did.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Bugs.

My favorite: The Rabbit of Seville.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2o5y7d

Then maybe Foghorn Leghorn.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
A golf buddy of mine likes to say, in Foghorn's voice, “I wonder, I say I wonder, what the poor chickens are doing today?”

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a Bugs Bunny fan. So many great shorts to narrow it down to one favorite.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Daffy Duck. We weren't too concerned about offending anyone when I was a kid. This one was made during WWII and shown on tv in the 50s, maybe into the 60s too. I was surprised at how clearly I remembered it.

I worked briefly as an armorer on a small Navy base. Our workload was a joke (hence the "briefly", the contract was cancelled) and we got pretty desperate for something to do.

One of the sailors had an impressive collection of DVD's and would loan them to us regularly. He had 2 or 3 full of Looney Tunes stuff. As he was digging them out to loan them to me, he commented on how he couldn't understand how they got away with such bigoted, racist stuff "back then".

Up to that moment, it had never occurred to me that they were anything but classic cartoons.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMan226
posted Hide Post
Speedy Gonzales. The fastest mouse in all of Mexico. Andale!

"Don't say a prayer for me now, save it til' the morning after".

Posts: 464 | Location: O.C. SoCal | Registered: December 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mel Blanc was amazing. And Looney Tunes was my first introduction to classical music.
Thanks, Bugs!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16071 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Mel Blanc was amazing. And Looney Tunes was my first introduction to classical music.
Thanks, Bugs!

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Bugs.

Dad's favorite was the Roadrunner.

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
The Tasmanian Devil followed by Yosemite Sam. Pepe Le Pew had the pickup lines.

This is my choice, though bugs himself was the king!
Now Elmer Fudd is like watching a video of myself! Razz

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Bugs. Always.

Posts: 13741 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
No favorite. I like them all. When I was a kid, it was a hoot to see my old man laughing his ass off at Foghorn leghorn.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
I love this one.

http://funniermoments.com/watch.php?vid=898a88962

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Idgit dragon" -- Yosemite Sam. Looney Tunes based, very loosely, on Mark Twain's "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court"

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I liked them all.

No one mentioned Big Hairy Monster. (Rudolph/Gossamer)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
There were about three where it was Bugs vs Wylie Coyote, Super Genius.

Here's a clip from one.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
If I had to pick one, Daffy Duck.

Design for Leaving

Duck Dodgers

Rabbit Seasoning

Rabbit Fire

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8350 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post