SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite Bugs Bunny character from your youth...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Bugs Bunny character from your youth... Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
For those of us old enough to remember watching Bugs Bunny cartoons on Saturday mornings, who was your favorite character?

I humbly give you, Foghorn Leghorn...

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Argh, tough call to pick a favorite. It's neck-and-neck for me between The Roadrunner / Wile E. Coyote and the Rabbit himself, especially this particular Hatfield-and-McCoys-style square-dance cartoon that seemed to rarely make the rotation when I was a kid - I laughed my head off at this one whenever it came around.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Not Bugs dressed as a Valkyrie, the damned horse. I friggin' DIE whenever that damned thing does its little prance across the screen. It's the funniest moment in Looney Toons history, as far as I'm concerned.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
That's a tough one for sure.

Back in my CB days, I used Foghorn Leghorn as a handle.

Probably a tie between Foghorn and Bugs when it comes to quotes tho.

"Whadda maroon. Whadda nin-cow-poop!"

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
The Tasmanian Devil followed by Yosemite Sam. Pepe Le Pew had the pickup lines.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Classic cartoons of the 40's and 50's. Kids don't know what they're missing.

Chip 'n Dale, Heckle and Jeckle, Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd, Foghorn Leghorn, Yosemite Sam, Roadrunner, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Yogi and BooBoo and probably a dozen others I'm forgetting.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
They were all great. Pete Puma was hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKyhTX9LQEA

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I have to go with Foghorn Leghorn.

"Nice girl, but she's about as sharp as a bag of wet mice".

"That dog is about a subtle as a hand grenade in a barrel of oatmeal".

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
The Foghorn cartoons still make me laugh out loud. He is my favorite by a pretty decent margin. Of the main characters Daffy Duck probably comes in second. Some of the lesser characters rank pretty high for me to, such as, Pete Puma, Nasty Canasta, the 3 Bears, and Blacque Jacque Shellacque.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 884 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
I always liked the ones where the sheepdog and coyote were punching the clock.

And the ones where the big dog adopted the little kitten.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
Yeah, I have to go with Foghorn Leghorn.

"Nice girl, but she's about as sharp as a bag of wet mice".

"That dog is about a subtle as a hand grenade in a barrel of oatmeal".

"Talkin' to that boy is about like backing into a bracing bit. You get bored."

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
What, no Marvin the Martian?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Elmer Fudd, the poor sap.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I always enjoyed seeing what sort of ACME contraption or idea Wile E Coyote came up with to try and catch the Road Runner.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqb-KeEYgHw

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Bugs Bunny himself.

Second choice, Beaky Buzzard

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Count Bloodcount. ABRACADABRA!

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hubie and bertie or the sheep dog

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
I always liked Yosemite Sam's dialogue.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, I am an old school Tom and Jerry fan.
However:
Wile E. Coyote (Super Genius)
And he got all his gear from Acme.
The TGS of toons.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Rabbit Season, Duck Season is my absolute favorite - always leaves me laughing.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post