SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Yellowstone Premieres Tonight 9/8c
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yellowstone Premieres Tonight 9/8c Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bustabuddy:
When he and his son pulled a calf in the pasture and it immediately jumped up and ran off, everyone in the room laughed.

There were several things like that, the gelded “stallion” with “pure” Spanish blood that was branded and allowed the son to ride straight up to him.

BTW, never saw the “tiger stripes” on the legs of that horse, but I’ve see many others that had them, along with the perpendicular dorsal stripe, nobody ever claimed that made them a pure Spanish Barb.

When Costner and the other son “pulled that calf” (how did they see it?) Costner is controlling the wrong end; a horse gets up front feet first, but a cow stands up hind end first.

Still, we’ll watch for awhile, and who knows, maybe all of it.

Posts: 13138 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I tuned past it last night. Spent about 90 seconds watching it and then said, "Meh," and moved on.

"How do you get a Silver Star?"

"You gotta kill someone."

Great dialogue, there.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
I tuned past it last night. Spent about 90 seconds watching it and then said, "Meh," and moved on.

Great dialogue, there.

Not to mention the fact they were pointing to a bronze star.

Posts: 13138 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:

Great dialogue, there.

LOL! I noticed that too! Big Grin

Overall, I was dissatisfied with the first episode. I'll probably tune in for a couple more episodes to give it another chance. Especially with the cute redhead that plays the feisty daughter. Though its going to take a lot more than one sex scene with her to earn my loyalty as a viewer. Too much patently obvious BS in addition to what's already been mentioned. The nonsense about the condo development and blowing up the river to change its course! I guess these guys have never heard of water rights and civil court before. Roll Eyes

What about that big shootout scene? Hard to believe only three people were killed and two of those were within a few feet of each other, but none of the dozens (on either side) that were present saw anything???

I've got a feeling that Kevin Costner is going to have another "Waterworld" disaster to his credit by the time this series ends its first (and only) season.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10184 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I DVR'd it and just watched it. Meh. Nothing like Longmire, as others mentioned, it's more like a soap opera.

A lot of the dialogue was so heavy-handed in trying to be profound that it was laughable.

I have the DVR set to record the whole series, but it'll have to improve a lot for me to make it past the second episode.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6356 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It's like they are trying to capitalize on The Son with Pierece Brosnan.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34063 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I started watching it, after 40 minutes or so turned if off -- like others have said, its a night time soap like Dallas, not my cup of tea.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1888 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
I haven't watched it and don't intend to. From what others have said, it's just another one of those shows that will be filled with liberal educational moments telling us conservatives how evil, wrong thinking and stupid we all are and that we should apologize for everything that is or has ever been wrong in this country.

I like to watch television shows for entertainment and relaxation, not to get irritated, disgusted or angry. I like happy endings. My wife and I are more The Westerns Channel, Hallmark and PixL watchers these days.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched even though Costner is far from a favored actor. The old Indian is a friend from high school so for Rudy’s sake I hope it’s not too bad.

Maryland - Where the criminals are the government

Posts: 129 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Watched the second episode this afternoon. The inexcusable bullshit continues. I really don’t get it. Obviously, an expensive undertaking to shoot this mini-series, but you don’t seek advice from anyone in ranching, or law enforcement, or the military?!? And what’s with all the guys branded, it’s like they’re a fukkin’ gang

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
^^^

Yeah, it seemed during the first episode that the story line was somewhat disjointed, but in a way that the subsequent episodes would bring it all together. Episode two made it even more disjointed to the point of not making sense at all. Unrealistic things going on all around.

I don't get the brand either, especially given that the son has one too.

About the only realistic thing in this episode was the the whole "what happens on the Rez stays on the Rez" thing.

Posts: 19952 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Great dialogue, there.

That was the point. The guys who were mouthing off to the guy who received the award didn't know what they were talking about.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6020 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
This show is like a train wreck. I just can't stop watching it.

I absolutely despise the daughter (perhaps the point). She reminds me of a sluttier and drunker version of Sue Ellen.

So much stuff in this show is just plain stupid, but for some reason...I keep watching. Mad

Posts: 19952 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
quote:
quote:

Great dialogue, there.

That was the point. The guys who were mouthing off to the guy who received the award didn't know what they were talking about.

Yeah, except that the Indian who was the wife’s brother, claimed to have been awarded two Silver Stars.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I absolutely despise the daughter (perhaps the point)

She is evil as the father says. Paying everyone back for her guilt regarding the death of her mother.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
They're all pretty despicable people, except the blonde son and his wife.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6020 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
"She suffered an epidermal hematoma."

Really? Roll Eyes

And the son who's supposedly a Green Beret or SEAL or whatever? How is it that he keeps getting the shit beat out of him by everyone on the show? Real badass SF dude there. Roll Eyes

Yeah...I've about had it with this program.

About the only thing realistic tonight was the busload of tourists out in the field with the bear.

posted Hide Post
quote:
About the only thing realistic tonight was the busload of tourists out in the field with the bear.

IMHO they kind of stereotyped Asians as being really stupid, both with the bus and then when two were hanging on to the cliff. Their stuff with the Native Americans has been fairly accurate. Of course I could be missing something since I do not live in an area with many Native Americans.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
All of the mistakes aside, I'm enjoying the show. I like that we're seeing more westerns in media.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
I like it also, but have to watch after everyone goes to bed for language and other things.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1726 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post