SIGforum
Yellowstone Premieres Tonight 9/8c

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/9820033344

June 20, 2018, 09:20 AM
NavyGuy
Yellowstone Premieres Tonight 9/8c
I've been looking forward to this. I hope it doesn't disappoint.Link

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence
June 20, 2018, 09:31 AM
fpuhan
Dang.

I thought this was going to be about the national park.

I like Costner well enough, but I don't have the time or inclination to watch another soap opera.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member
June 20, 2018, 09:44 AM
FN in MT
And just yesterday Costner spoke out against the Country. Regarding the illegal immigrant kids, separated from their Parents. Screw him. Another Hollywood liberal.
June 20, 2018, 09:51 AM
armored
I almost talked my self down off the ledge after watching Longmire.
I just HAD to buy western style guns and a holster. Bought a Ruger 3 screw 6 shooter, holster, but have been able to hold off on the lever action rifles, this will probably make me have to buy a few of those.
June 20, 2018, 12:39 PM
cheesegrits
Kevin Costner and beautiful western scenery...what could be better, I sez to myself. Then I remembered "Dances with Wolves" and how heavy handed it was. Roll Eyes lol All kidding aside, I'm going to give it a chance. I've always liked Costner, all the way back to Silverado.
June 20, 2018, 12:52 PM
Fenris
My wife thinks that Costner is a terrible actor, but has a nice butt.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.
June 20, 2018, 12:58 PM
YooperSigs
Since it comes to us from the folks who made Sicario, Hell or High Water and Wind River, I am going to give it a shot. Not so much for Costner. But he did give a good turn in the Hatfields / McCoy Show.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
June 20, 2018, 03:56 PM
NavyGuy
If you're looking for the perfect actor aligned with every one of your ideological positions you will in most cases be disappointed. There are a few, but not many. So I just try to separate the actual person from the roll they are playing. Their craft is playing make-believe. Some real ass-holes are good at it. Vis-a-vis De Niro, Meryl Streep and most of the Hollywood elite.

I like the genres this series presents so I'll look past politics and try to enjoy the story.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence
June 20, 2018, 08:19 PM
Graniteguy
Costner? I'll pass.
June 20, 2018, 09:06 PM
swani
Looks like an updated ‘Dallas’ no thanks

Guns-I have some
June 20, 2018, 10:15 PM
NK402
I stuck it out for the first hour. It was like watching grass grow and what's with the black-haired lawyer son. That's one of the worst rugs I've ever seen.
June 20, 2018, 10:44 PM
SIG228
Fuck Kevin Costner (and the horse he rode in on).
June 21, 2018, 05:30 AM
Todd Huffman
I thought the first hour drug by, then it started getting interesting. I'll be watching more of the series.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.
June 21, 2018, 08:54 AM
Gustofer
It wasn't half bad. It did strike me as kind of a modern day Dallas though.

We'll see.

June 21, 2018, 10:08 AM
smlsig
I watched about 45 minutes then had to go to bed but I recorded it...

What is up with his daughter??

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina
June 21, 2018, 10:46 AM
bustabuddy
When he and his son pulled a calf in the pasture and it immediately jumped up and ran off, everyone in the room laughed.
Regarding the daughter, she is quite well-endowed and a horny little thing.

It reminds me of a contemporary "The Son" with Brosnan. Is that one coming back?
June 21, 2018, 11:14 AM
hooch
I mean for Christ sake, the whole herd is standing right next to an open fence and you never think to fly the damn helicopter behind them to scare them across.
June 21, 2018, 11:22 AM
smschulz
Glad for the reminder last night I dvr'd it.
June 21, 2018, 12:22 PM
YooperSigs
I thought it was pretty good. And Kelly Reilly is English. She played Doctor Watsons GF in the Sherlock Holmes movies. Was it filmed in Montana? Beautiful country!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
June 21, 2018, 12:25 PM
murphman
I expected it to suck, but it really wasn't that bad. I'll stick with it for a while.