SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Why
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why Login/Join 
posted
I am sometimes asked why I dont mind living on a tiny island in the Meditterranean.
There's good and bad, but here's some good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8Xfca8tV90

Posts: 420 | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Well done.
I can breathe now.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I learned a technique called "Cycle Breathing", and could stay under for about 90 seconds. Would that be long enough to hunt, shoot, and retrieve?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Oh that's just awesome! What beautiful surroundings!

I fly fish and often describe it as the "archery method" of fishing...but in many ways spear fishing really is. I doubt I could swim to the depths required and I'm damn sure I couldn't hold my breath long enough...but I can still appreciate the skill and physical fitness required for this sport.

It appears you hunt several different species. Do you hunt them all to eat, or are there some non-native destructive species that you are trying to conduct population control on?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Was expecting a picture of a tearful Nancy Kerrigan.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You dont have to be at huge depths.
This guy is fishing in a couple of meters,
But using stealth and patience.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PogeCGMSRdQ

posted Hide Post
We have some really beautiful spots.
The roofless cave in this clip, sometimes in season, has this most fantastic colors,-purples, orange, reds, yellow-all very bright, they look like an artist's palette.
Years ago, when young and stupid, I was left off a boat, to spearfish in the area.
The color show was amazing, but as I left the cave, with just shorts , water bottle, knife and gun, I saw the wind picked up and I could neither stay close to the rock shore, or stay close because of a fast current.
Then, my pickup boat, went looking for me near this other islet.
Got picked up just before dark, after the pre-requiste amount of first swearing and later most sincere prayers ever.
Ah well, to be young and reckless again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9phL8nIUZ0